Does anybody have a complete collection of Stratagem?

- free art
DJ Ovinoid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Does anybody have a complete collection of Stratagem?

Post by DJ Ovinoid »

I just noticed the nice guys at Stratagem pulled a nice bait & switch on everyone :cry: :

http://www.stratagem-musik.com/news.htm
we are pleased to announce that we have decided to take the next logical evolutionary step by forming a partnership with an independent digital music distributor. in short, our past creative commons releases will no longer be available.
Woo, evolution.

I suppose this will teach me to save those zip files in the future. Does anybody have a complete collection of the CC-licensed Stratagem back catalogue and could they make it available somewhere for a bit?

*edit* This might be more appropriate in requests, I realise. Feel free to move. *edit*
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by DJ L'embrouille »

hmm, quite sad about that. another one !! anyway, must wish them good luck for this new adventure...

i have all such as all the clever ones (before they get payed), all the sinergy ones (before they get payed), all the kyoto ones (before they got lost) and many more. i'm ok to share that (soulseek, or upload in a server)

but the question is : am i allowed to do that ?
DJ Ovinoid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DJ Ovinoid »

DJ L'embrouille wrote: i have all such as all the clever ones (before they get payed), all the sinergy ones (before they get payed), all the kyoto ones (before they got lost) and many more. i'm ok to share that (soulseek, or upload in a server)

but the question is : am i allowed to do that ?
Absolutely (here's why). But it would be good if you or someone else could actually find the original zip files, since they contained the CC license terms in a text file, if I remember correctly - that would be very safe to put up then.

But I suppose rezipping the files and including a copy of the news.html I linked in the original post of this thread should be sufficient, since there's a release list on that page complete with the Creative Commons logo that links to the CC license.
Last edited by DJ Ovinoid on Mon May 14, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

no original zip here. only mp3s. still interested ?
DJ Ovinoid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DJ Ovinoid »

See my edit to the previous reply.
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

Surely you should check with the labels' to see if they're happy with re-posting their tunes?
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

digitalbunny wrote:Surely you should check with the labels' to see if they're happy with re-posting their tunes?
yep for sure. i hope the goal is not repost them but just to download what was free yesterday. imagine that the (net)label won't see any problem if 2 or 3 of us share the ex-free tracks but sure they don't agree to see a place to download the zip for free since it's now payable in their site.
DJ Ovinoid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DJ Ovinoid »

Mostly, I want them for my collection - I'm not too keen on doing Stratagem's work and provide them with a free mirror.

But, to be sure, doing so would be perfectly okay, regardless whether the label or the artists like it or not.

Judging from some of the reactions here (I got a private message regarding this topic, too), I'm starting to get the feeling not many people really understand what it means to publish something under a CC license. Perhaps some FAQ-reading is in order there.