Schwarzonator .. max4live ... look cool!

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

boudo wrote:It's like the chord midi effect in live. It's not hard to make a minor 7th chord with that plugin, even if you don't have any knowledge in music theory. And many housetracks just have a minor chord going on the whole track. Like Diva by Sebo K
it's not hard to make a minor 7th without it!

luckily for me i had a really good music teacher who explained to me how chords and scales work in the simplest way. if you know a scales you can easily figure out all the chords you could possibly use with it. i only know 2 scales and i feel the possibilities are endless. :D
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Schwarzonator .. max4live ... look cool!

Post by tone-def »

Daemonix wrote:or you out there like me... who try to learn chords :)
the problem this will give you is you'll learn chords nothing from using it. sure it's instant music that you might not be able to play without it but doing things the old fashion way will give you a lot more options, control and pride. it's far too predictable for my liking even with the random and spacing functions.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

patrick bateman wrote:
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:I bet by the time Ableton 10 comes out you will just have to start it up, state your music niche and it will start generating music for you.
This is already possible. You have to contact Ableton directly and ask them for the secret add-on pack, which does exactly what you say.
This add-on can also make coffee while rendering the audio file!!!
http://www.groove3.com/str/producing-ho ... -live.html
datalus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by datalus »

symplectiq wrote:Wow! A deaf guy's dream. Everyone just wait for ->
YES. WE GET IT. THANKS.

As for the Schwarzanator. I'm really unsure about it.

On the one hand the technologist in me thinks awesome! On the other hand, the musician in me thinks WTF. But progress can be about facilitating a process and then building more interesting results on top. So to move forward things like this should be realized?

But, hey it's free and someone spent their time making it and then sharing it so that's always appreciated.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

you thought 2009 was the house revival? just wait till 2010 when everyone doesn't know what a chord is but is shhhwarzzzonating them. lol.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

I think we should enjoy this kinds of improvements but for people who don't know the basics, it can be like a shortcut to reach arrangments at first but later they can feel lost whenever they want to change something because they haven't understood the fundamentals of the process.
So the very real advantage comes to the people who know the things from the begining (like me with my English :-P)
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

u still keep in certain scales... when the fun part is to go out of scales but still sounding good. stuff like modelborrowing,