Does a track need to be "dance floor friendly" to

- open
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Yo!! Really nice track!!! Following! (U can check mine out if u want ha!)

as for tracks having to be dancefloor bombs, I should imagine that each label is different...plus the fact that most tracks that have an instant impact on the dancefloor also have a short shelf life...this is not one of those tracks..
well done..
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

Do you buy/play only dancefloor bombs? Are all the sets you hear full of dancefloor bombs?

There's your answer.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

dancefloor friendly to one person might be different to another. i know people who can't dance to anything that isn't house music and i know people who can dance to hip hop but not house.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

just do whatever you like.. good music is good music.

you shouldn't make music just to be attractive to labels anyway :o)
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

You sound like the guy from pendulum.

Sick track though, I think this could get signed, just have to look for the right label.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Does a track need to be "dance floor friendly"

Post by pheek »

Anteuro wrote:Do you guys think in todays market a track needs to be an instant dancefloor hit in order to get any attention from labels?

Do you lot think this has a viable place in electronic music, and is good enough to possibly be considered by labels? Even though it doesnt exactly 'scream' dancefloor?
I'm less and less into music that screams dancefloor. I'm more interested in music with personality and storytelling. There's not enough of that, as well as music that screams Timeless. That is where the challenge is at!
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

i love dance music, but i only step onto a "dancefloor" once in a blue moon. for me home/headphone listen-ability is paramount. if it doesn't sound good in that setting i probably won't repeat listening to it again. oddly, on the flip side, music that is tailored to the dancefloor generally sounds good on a dancefloor. most of this music i find lacks appeal for home-listening pleasure.

bless king tubby for the remix, we can adapt and synthesize new purpose from existing music.
swarlied
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by swarlied »

thats some solid dubtechno/dubhouse/deephouse/berlinafterhour-sound whatever you wanna call it.

there are tons of labels out there releasing this. i would recommend looking into the "whatpeoplehear"-onlineshop because they seem to focus around such labels from what i have noticed.

good luck, its good sound.

edit: one little note, the bassline-saturation is a bit questionable in the high mids. what plugin did you use? a little bit less would do it either or a better saturation-source.