[LEET003] Cabanne - The Owls Are Not What They Seem EP

- wax
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [LEET003] Cabanne - The Owls Are Not What They Seem EP

Post by ::BLM:: »

and come back to reality please..if there was no promo, there would be less sales and not more thats a simple fact. its hard to get vinyl sales anyways nowdays and without promo it wouldn't work at all as most people simply wouldn't find the music
I don't understand why you think people wouldn't find music if there wasn't any dj promo?
0x7f
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 0x7f »

i ment promotion in general and the feedbacks are just a small additional part of the promo content.. so if you don't mind the promo text's why do additional feedbacks bother you guys so much ?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I never said they bothered me. I like discussing it because so many people have different views on the subject.

For our label we stopped doing dj promotion and our sales increased.

If you're doing say 400 presses... is there really a need to send out 50-60 digital files? Perhaps the big ones like Ricardo, Arpiar, Loco Dice or other ones that have a lot of youtube videos, but some of the names I see on promo lists (like myself) really don’t make a difference to sales.
0x7f
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 0x7f »

we don't really do the dj feedbacks to increase sales. most of the people who give comments are friends of ours and we simply value their opinion :) also let me tell you we do this not to make money i mean vinyl is not the thing to make money with nowdays, we do this because we love it. we are 3 people who run 31337 and usually even if we sell all copies we still have a minus budget, so honestly we can't really say we do anything for sales. if we do promo its to get peoples attention. i mean yes we try to sell them all, but its not like we do it to obtain money for ourselfs, its only so we can keep producing vinyl and keep our own expenses low. everyone (including the distributor) told us vinyl is dead and it wouldn't be a good idea to get into it, but we really belive in it and try to keep doing it as long as possible.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

b-side is cool. cabanne is da sh!t!