Whats the future of minimal is going to bring??

- open
ftc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ftc »

jay haze wrote:the future of minimal music?
here is what i hope for-
lots of crazy sex orgies with me and tons of hot russian ladies-
plenty of the best smoke to keep my head bobbing, while i am getting my ass licked by a perfect 10 hottie, who likes me because of my bassdrum.
at the same time there is a video camera rolling and i am getting paid to do this, because it is being broadcast on international cable television channel called "mnml nation" - the only downside to this obviously is that my children can watch - and of course i dont want them to follow in my footsteps.
so with that being said, i think my future in minimal music will be amazing!
:lol:
undergrnd
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by undergrnd »

jay haze wrote:the future of minimal music?
here is what i hope for-
lots of crazy sex orgies with me and tons of hot russian ladies-
plenty of the best smoke to keep my head bobbing, while i am getting my ass licked by a perfect 10 hottie, who likes me because of my bassdrum.
at the same time there is a video camera rolling and i am getting paid to do this, because it is being broadcast on international cable television channel called "mnml nation" - the only downside to this obviously is that my children can watch - and of course i dont want them to follow in my footsteps.
so with that being said, i think my future in minimal music will be amazing!
:D :D
indeed, very nice future ..can't wait for it :D
kenny dies all the time
www.myspace.com/undergrnd
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i hear the russian hotties have 1 bad tooth each

can anyone confirm?
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

it's true
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

very interesting thread :)

i think, there is a future of electronic music, but not especially for minimal music.

i can remember, years ago, there was a subgenre section "clicks n cuts" and now its called minimal.

whats the difference between minimal and clicks n cuts...hmmm
(because both styles called "minimal", from klick klack to straight sounds)

in the 90s it was only called "detroit/techno" music (minimalistic techno), in germany i often heard "knarz" or "pill" music and was only played in after hours.

robert hood starts in 94 with his album "minimal nation" and everybody calls this style as "minimal techno".

i remember the first album of robag wruhme in 2004. and (for me) there was a starting point in germany for the "new" minimal techno sound hype.

everbody use this word "minimal" for everything. its chic, hipp, trendy.

but i think most of the people dont know the real sources of minimal music, like moondog, steve reich, phillip glas, avo pärt, michael nyman.
its also categorized as "avantgarde music".

so, what is the future of minimal music, if so much styles of electronic music called "minimal", from klick klack to experimental electronic sounds to straight club sounds.

i think its only Techno or House Music and only dominated in their categories from the tempo. its minimalistic, sure.

so many styles are melting together and there are so many tracks, i dont know, if its minimal, techno, house, techhouse etc.

i see a future of minimalistic electronic music, but not only categorized in one section.

and my opinion about electronic music is, that electronic music has no specific colour (face), because its just only music.

yes, there is a difference between minimalistic arrangements and full arrangements in techno/house.

use a minimalistic techno or house track and put some more hats, shakers etc. in it and use a harder kick. so the style will change into a techno or house track.

its the transparency to part electronic music into "minimal".

its only electronic music, techno or house, minimalistic or not

but dont believe the hype ;)

and its in the hand of all procuders round the world, what kind of music will come or go. and its also in the hand of all bookers and djs round the world, last but not least to all record labels.

i see the future for all styles of electronic music, included minimal techno/house music.

now, its only a hype and everywhere present, later on it will be back to the real underground (locations).

i only see a difference between music for the masses (included hypes) and underground music.

and i also think, that real underground electronic music will never die (hope so).
oblak_21
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by oblak_21 »

something new will be created but this unknown and new type of electronic music will be influenced by minimalistic house and techno..
who knows maybe some off us will reach nirvana by then...
plusplus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by plusplus »

thom wrote:Replacing "minimal" with "intelligent" didn't work... people would never relate to anything labelled "intelligent"... let's just face it.

Mainstream means people. People like color and gloss and sweat and sex and blood... preferably in the same picture, as the average attention span is decreasing. They sure don't like a site like this one for instance... black grey and white. Very coherent for us. But utterly boring for for the light-addicted world.

Give 'em that good old fucking brainlness diva/thug bubblegummish bullshit
It's actually as colorful/tasteful as the puke of a kid who had too much candy.

Today's Icons are history's stupidest asses. Minimal aesthetics in five years?
Who knows... maybe the record industry will crash and we'll see the situation improving.
so sad and so true.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »