Smokey headphones!

- ask away
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Smokey headphones!

Post by adam »

Hi folks.

I just cracked out my headphones for the first time since a show on Friday and was punched in the face with the smell of cigarette smoke. Perhaps that's appealing to some of you.. but not me.

Is there any methods of frequently removing this smell from the fabrics/foam/inner structure of my headphones that can be spoken of? Or do I have to just "deal with it" or get a seperate pair for keeping at home/studio/etc?

Go go gadget housewife knowledge.
kans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kans »

sit them outside for a half hour
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Smokey headphones!

Post by aallvor »

adam wrote:Hi folks.

I just cracked out my headphones for the first time since a show on Friday and was punched in the face with the smell of cigarette smoke. Perhaps that's appealing to some of you.. but not me.

Is there any methods of frequently removing this smell from the fabrics/foam/inner structure of my headphones that can be spoken of? Or do I have to just "deal with it" or get a seperate pair for keeping at home/studio/etc?

Go go gadget housewife knowledge.
Pour a bit of vinegar on a plate. Place the headphones next to it for an hour or two.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

febreeze?

you could play with one of those pine tree car deodorizers hanging from each ear.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

this problem goes beyond headphones... generally i feel like burning any clothing i where to the club afterwards due to the smoke smell.

ohio just banned smoking in public places though... i thought it was annoying at first, even though i don't smoke cigarettes, but thinking about this now i realize it will be great.
relative q
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by relative q »

They're doing that here in Pittsburgh, too. Even though I'm an occasional smoker, I'm really into this idea. Maybe it'll help me quit for good.
i require more bass.

blingin rims at reasonable prices: netlabel reviews and other dumb sh!t
relative q web presence
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

clothes can be thrown in the washer. headphones cannot ;)

they maintain some of the smell even after airring them out for a long time.
I was hoping to not have to use synthetic scents / spray-on odour removers - that stuff makes me nausious - i prefer the smell of smoke to it :)

Yeah, the smoking bans - something you won't see in many parts of the world.
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

personnally i wouldn't spray anything on my headphones!
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.