- open
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Zinthek wrote:This will explain everything - http://www.ubercoolische.com/
Ricardo: Look what I just bought!

Richie: Perhaps another t-shirt?

Ricardo: Nein Dumkopf! Today is sontag ya?

Richie: aha

Ricardo: well today is record shopping day! I got the latest Helmut Bumpusher! "Living Lightbulbs (Alcoachofa Remix)"

Richie: I had the cdr for 6 months Ricardo! Im Richie Hawtin!
This site is poorly researched. Record shops in Berlin aren't opened on Sundays! :lol:
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

stevësto wrote:
this is sort of like how the rock group pearl jam got their name ... the lead singer eddie vedder, his aunt pearl would make a psychedelic jam that all the band members loved. they looked forward to having "pearl's jam"
I thought they were named after cum.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

thom wrote:
stevësto wrote:
this is sort of like how the rock group pearl jam got their name ... the lead singer eddie vedder, his aunt pearl would make a psychedelic jam that all the band members loved. they looked forward to having "pearl's jam"
I thought they were named after cum.
True! same as 10cc :D
thew
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by thew »

i always subscribed to the theory of Grandma Pearl's Jam
'My sound is the sound of two sounds making warmth'
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

stevësto wrote:im guessing its because she knows how to make mushroom tea that hides the taste of the mushrooms really well.

this was only a interesting story for the press and a rumour ;)

they wrote about his great-grandmother "pearl", married with a native american man and had a recipe of a hallucinogen tea. other magazines wrote about his "native american" great-grandmother. but she didnt was.

the other theory was, one of the band members like the name "pearl" and their are "jamming" at this time.

but vedder neves gives a true background story to this name pearl jam. he was only joking at the interviews.

sure, magda take some "things" into the tea, it makes the tea more "interesting"....hrhr - in germany, gabriel ananda also drinks (because of his roots) some tea before he gigs.

perhaps they understand the true meaning to this old tradition.
but nobody knows the ingredients ;)
you also can make a weed tea or with some other herbage.

but only believe in things, you really know ;)
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

mando wrote: sure, magda take some "things" into the tea, it makes the tea more "interesting"....hrhr - in germany, gabriel ananda also drinks (because of his roots) some tea before he gigs.

perhaps they understand the true meaning to this old tradition.
but nobody knows the ingredients ;)
since gabrial have released a track called belladonna, i go for that he use belladonna in his tea :p

though, that might be a bit too hard drug to do before a gig? ;)
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

Interview from Sound Revolt:

Sound Revolt: Have you seen those t-shirts saying “Magda make the tea”? How did it all started?

Magda: How can I not see them? People wear them everywhere I go! There’s a guy from Detroit who came and did an article about what’s happening with Rich and Berlin. But the way he wrote his article was... like not about us at all. This “swanky apartment” and “minimal restaurants” – it’s ridiculous. He focused on those things instead of writing about what’s really going on. But I don’t think he did it intentionally. If I read this article I’d think like “God, what the fucking losers they are!” but press is really like that a lot. I knew that something was going to happen. And happened this Ubercoolische site (www.ubercoolische.com - SR). Well... it is totally fucked up and at the same time very funny. But I couldn’t figure out whether these guys really were serious and hated us, and we obviously were curious who did it. And then turned out they booked me, so they really like what we do. Anyway, I’m getting e-mails from all over the world “have you seen this?” I didn’t really read the whole thing but I guess I’m the tea maker, like servant. I met those guys from Ubercoolische in London and they’re really nice. All the money they make out of selling those t-shirts goes to charity. At least it’s what they say [laughs].

Sound Revolt: I saw a picture with you holding a kettle. This was before or after?

Magda: This was after, of course. This was in Belgium and there was a guy who brought a kettle to the DJ booth.
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

I would buy those t-shirts if they weren't printed by cafépress... I will make my own ! I think it's funny because most people do not understand the shirt or its message...