[GPM074] Samim - Heater

- wax
trensp
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by trensp »

I think it's a bad accordion riff too...and yes, herbert knows how to do it properly!
the beats are nice I suppose.
This reminds me of a lot of the mainstream house that I hate - samey samey quality produced beats and a stupid "hook"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isza5lBacjs
you cant tell me this doesnt look fun, yeah i agree that it has some mainstream house elements, but fck it. im sick of listening to music like an academic...
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

only accordion i like is anything done by senior coconut or mambotour

did this get remix treatment by von stroke?
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

punchi wrote: Why is it a bad accordion riff? I mean, I saw your opinion: "Hick"....I guess you're from europe and you're referring to the hicks where you live but.... it's directly inspired by latin american ethnic music from Peru and such.

I bet no one has ever listened to a track like this(not in the beat mainly, but in the general sound)...you have got to give him credit for that. So many bad releases every fucking day, with the same effects, incredibly boring "riffs" if you can call them that, pretentious as fck descriptions for absolutely un-interesting music.
i am entitled to my opinion to think this sounds like a cheap, absolutely uninspired accordion riff. in fact, i am entitled to think this tune sucks, which i do. it's, above all, a easy, catchy dancefloor tune, the proper follow-up to his 'hay consuelo' remix which is played everywhere from the local cheesy house club to the revered panoramabar. is it wrong to produce a pop record or a ibiza anthem? absolutely not. but not everyone has to like it. plus does or should anyone give a fck? again, not really. it's just personal taste after all. not nuclear physics.

i do agree that there are a million bad new releases every day, many of them copying each other's clicks and pops, delivering cutting edge production techniques with no musical content whatsoever, and _still_ announcing themselves through long, rich paragraphs that promise so much and deliver so little. still, i think the IDEA you guys mentioned is important but not enough. you either execute the idea well or you don't.

my apologies if i came off as a prick, but i just expressed my opinion about this track made by an artist whose output i usually like and praise.
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

btw, the accordion is heavily used in traditional portuguese music too and i love it when it's played well (again subjectivity comes into play here). here's the interesting story behind the dr. rockit record, which has one of the most beautiful accordion melodies ever (imo), courtesy of a couple of discogs' users:

FuzzyCogitator - 14-Jun-05 05:08 AM
By now the title track has made it onto countless compilation cds and for good reason. A relaxing affair made to remind you of a cafe in Paris. Funny now, to think the samples for this piece were actually recorded in... a cafe in Paris! Towards the end of the track you can actually hear Matthew and Dani ordering their meal in french. On the record sleeve I think it actually says what they ordered. Nice one Mr. Herbert!

restless - 22-Feb-06 07:56 PM
This midtempo deep electronic accordeon flanerie was actually made of sounds sampled in Paris, and especially at the famous Cafe de Flore, a classic writers and litterary people rendez-vous since early 20th century on boulevard St-Germain. At first this wonderful tune was made for an Yves St-Laurent fashion show, but YSL turned it down apparently because it was not 'modern' enough. But after rave reactions around him, Herbert decided to release it, gained instant classic status, and for once, made YSL look like a jerk for his lack of understanding and vision.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

antonio_pt wrote: restless - 22-Feb-06 07:56 PM
made YSL look like a jerk for his lack of understanding and vision.
this guy has some problems with yves st laurent. :lol:
e/did\t
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by e/did\t »

i like it its funny and the label will be

"childish" :wink:
gimme something to tweak!
dario zenker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dario zenker »

i love samims music.but this track just not makes me dance.....
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Yeah, this track isn't for me... And I agree w/ the sentiment that this isn't anything new or different whatsoever. Funky house producers have been doing this for years and frankly, have done it much better. But this is coming out on Get Physical so that should about sum it up, no?