the MINIMAL backlash

- open
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Celltek wrote:
PsyTox wrote: This is usually done by sour dj's and producers who DONT play at the party hahaha

Hilarious!
this is exactly what i wanted to say.

GET OUT OF MY HEEEAAADD!!! :lol:
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

the same discussions arise every month on every other message board i use. No matter if it's minimal, d&b, nuskool breaks, hiphop. it's realy the same everywhere. and it will not change :lol:
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

northernlight wrote:the same discussions arise every month on every other message board i use. No matter if it's minimal, d&b, nuskool breaks, hiphop. it's realy the same everywhere. and it will not change :lol:
You mean the backlash discussion?? Lol there is a hip-hop backlash :D
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

Celltek wrote:
northernlight wrote:the same discussions arise every month on every other message board i use. No matter if it's minimal, d&b, nuskool breaks, hiphop. it's realy the same everywhere. and it will not change :lol:
not directly the backlash. but all these threads in a similar vein. "It used to better 1997", "people don't know where this music is coming from", "haters", "analy overanalyzing", "chinstrokers", "the fun/love is gone", "overground/underground" etc etc etc.

it all ends up the same always :lol:
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

northernlight wrote:
Celltek wrote:
not directly the backlash. but all these threads in a similar vein. "It used to better 1997", "people don't know where this music is coming from", "haters", "analy overanalyzing", "chinstrokers", "the fun/love is gone", "overground/underground" etc etc etc.

it all ends up the same always :lol:
I think its all about change. There are some that welcome it, and/or introduced to the genre by it. Like the mnml freaks of today may not have liked mnml from 2 years ago.. And there are those who cannot learn to accept the natural progression/evolution of the music....and those are the ones you'll find complaining --> Like the Hacker aka the minimal Fekker! :D
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I don't care if the hacker finds minimal boring. it's only a backlash from people who never liked the music to start with and hate to see it doing better than there style. The Hacker has probably seen a lot of his audiance get into minimal.
richard_puz3
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

agenzia delo demanio

Post by richard_puz3 »

:roll:
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

People in dance music just waste too much time talking and analyzing music while the people who don't care too much about being hip or "incrowd" just spend that time dancing and having fun.
I've said it before: I prefer playing for people who just want to dance and don't know the first thing about the background of music over playing for a bunch of analy focussed trainspotters who are standing at the edge of the dancefloor moping and nagging because you played a plus8 record that is already 2 weeks old.
Fuckin right on dude. I have a saying of sorts, that I don't like preaching to the choir. I want to get new people interested to keep things fresh.

for those that don't get what "preaching to the choir" means, think of a minister talking about God to people that already love God.

Same thing with techno.

I want to preach techno to those that haven't heard it. So they will start loving it.