Victor Gonzales-Dig Deeper

- music
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Victor Gonzales-Dig Deeper

Post by victorgonzales »

I still gotta do a bit of work on this but it's mostly there. Ill probably add some pads and percussion changeups before it's done.
Lemme know what you think!

http://www.edmnex.us/audio/dig-deeper
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

quite nice work, agree about that some percussion changes would be nice, maybe just some small ghost-shots here and there to take away that a bit too static feeling... not sure I believe in a total change of groove. this is a very "processing"-kind of sound if that makes any sense... and I like thing you did there with the old classic short-delaytime trick, it suited the part very well before the "real" bassline starts in the track. however, I'd really like that the track would get some more bottom end here after it started (which is a _abit_ weak right now), just a simple sinus sidechained to the kick or something. so the track get's a bit of a lift when it starts again. I'd just be careful for a, you know... "ta-da!"-effect ;) so do it moderatly just so you fill the bottom end enough I think. or fill it from the beginning of the the track.

about the pad-thought you had, maybe you don't need to have a pad that lays on all the time, I think this track would benefit most of just having like a chord or something in one place of the track, maybe this chord effects the other sounds in different ways too while it is present.

or what the hell do I know, I'm an ambient/dub-guy, keep it up ;)
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

fredrik_h wrote:quite nice work, agree about that some percussion changes would be nice, maybe just some small ghost-shots here and there to take away that a bit too static feeling... not sure I believe in a total change of groove. this is a very "processing"-kind of sound if that makes any sense... and I like thing you did there with the old classic short-delaytime trick, it suited the part very well before the "real" bassline starts in the track. however, I'd really like that the track would get some more bottom end here after it started (which is a _abit_ weak right now), just a simple sinus sidechained to the kick or something. so the track get's a bit of a lift when it starts again. I'd just be careful for a, you know... "ta-da!"-effect ;) so do it moderatly just so you fill the bottom end enough I think. or fill it from the beginning of the the track.

about the pad-thought you had, maybe you don't need to have a pad that lays on all the time, I think this track would benefit most of just having like a chord or something in one place of the track, maybe this chord effects the other sounds in different ways too while it is present.

or what the hell do I know, I'm an ambient/dub-guy, keep it up ;)
Good advice. Thanks. Ya I worked on it late last night and I didn't notice thelow end missing due to not being able to turn my sub up adequately. Ill fix that tonight and repost.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

k added some low end to the kick and eqed the bass a bit . Im thinkin I might go with an old school Lexicon Avenue type thing in the middle section.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

good job..
i just want to say... less snare
there's to much snare.. they cut themselfs and begin to much chaotic
this advice is also for me, i always put a lot of things in the high
less there is... better it is... minimal is minimal
i like when there's nothing
ok i stop with philosophic bullshit
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Opuswerk wrote:good job..
i just want to say... less snare
there's to much snare.. they cut themselfs and begin to much chaotic
this advice is also for me, i always put a lot of things in the high
less there is... better it is... minimal is minimal
i like when there's nothing
ok i stop with philosophic bullshit
Thanks for the tip. This isn't really a minimal track persay but I do agree I think Ill turn down the snare a bit