Is there a Software to detect pitch \ bpm CHANGES in mp3's??

- ask away
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

you can also push the record and change the pitch :)
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

maybe dont download so much sh!t from soulseek. i know a couple of labels that put their sh!t out with a ...lets say bent...or missing beat here and there to fck with the jackers.
signatures suck
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 212121 »

mlexicon wrote:maybe dont download so much sht from soulseek. i know a couple of labels that put their sht out with a ...lets say bent...or missing beat here and there to fck with the jackers.
Would love to buy from beatport old school releases, or stuff from axis, underground resistence, etc....

Wish i could buy everything 320KBPS with no problems
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Is there a Software to detect pitch \ bpm CHANGES in mp3

Post by isaaclevy »

212121 wrote:Some of the mp3's I got from the internet (beatport or net labels) have bpms changes :( the track starts at 128bpm but the pitch changes and some get faster or slower, right now the only way i have to detect this is playing the same track or another with the same bpm in a sofware player (I use Serato Scratch Live) and see if they get off-beat after some time

Is there any easy way to detect this?
Logic has a BPM counter tool, if what you want is to know where is your track changing. (toght it could help)
bum-tak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bum-tak »

i know from traktor, cus i tried it myself, that the software usually isnt able
to detect the bpm 100% accurate! usually you have to set teh beatgrids manually towards the middle/end of the track to avoid running out of sync while mixing. serato most likely has the same issue which means you basically have to beatmark most of your tracks manually. there are plenty tutorial videos on how to do it:

there's still the method à la hawtin if your too lazy to set the bpm right for your whole collection: just play 4-8 bar loops of each track, additionally drop in a ton of effects to let the MAGIC happen! :lol:
very bomb ep congrats @ all
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

bum-tak wrote: there's still the method à la hawtin if your too lazy to set the bpm right for your whole collection: just play 4-8 bar loops of each track, additionally drop in a ton of effects to let the MAGIC happen! :lol:

LOL

Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

It doesn't take too long to calculate a bpm, you can count how many beats there are in 15 secs and multiply that by 4 and get the bpm.. I don't do that but thats one way to do it..
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

212121 wrote:I just made a example:

This track is playing in both decks at the same pitch 0% I play the first minute with beats, and the minute before the end, as you can see! I let it play for some time, and you can see that the track got off-beat!

This means that the pitch\bpm\whatever changed!!! I CAN'T DJ WITH THIS TRACK! Beatmatching would be impossible because the beats from this track would get off-beat

I believe this mp3 is corrupted and i need to find a good one with no bpm\pitch change
There's no such thing that two tracks play along with eachother for two minutes when they are beatmatched. You always have to make adjustments. Especiallly with vinyl, tracks without quantization and vinyl rips!

So use your pitch, B&*%*!