Minimal Monitoring

- ask away
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

New Guy wrote:Spending money on creating a professional environment wont make your tracks professional you know.

oh now you tell us... prick :)
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

livecollective wrote:
New Guy wrote:Spending money on creating a professional environment wont make your tracks professional you know.

Damn I thought if I made a perfect sounding room all my tracks would automatically be perfect.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

victorgonzales wrote:
livecollective wrote:

Damn I thought if I made a perfect sounding room all my tracks would automatically be perfect.
Thats what i did too, i isolated my room perfectly but forgot to buy speakers and instruments. :lol:

Anyway what i was trying to say was that getting to know your speakers is the cheaper way out of the situation, it's good to have the speakers placed properly but i have friends who dont have big rooms but make the best out of what they have. There really shouldnt be this illusion that unless you accoustically treat MY room your music will sound like sh!t. :lol: You can always test the final mix on different speakers and systems and see how they sound and then later make adjustments...

Anyway these were my deus euro cents.

:D
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

we are using the rp5 along with an rp10, and we think it's great. although it's hard to tell, as it's our first pair of monitors. I'd still say it's also a matter of getting used to the monitors you'll choose.
I remember finding them very harsh at the beginning. But now we get somehow decent mixdowns with those, we just know we need to lower the bass for the final mastering :D
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Opuswerk wrote: I'd still say it's also a matter of getting used to the monitors you'll choose.
I agree, It takes a while to get used to a different speaker.
ArhiteK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ArhiteK »

I decided to go for Yamahas.

I know things people are saying, but those really sounds great. I mixed some old material down using them, tried it on few places, it was way better then any other try with bunch of other hi fis i used earlier.

So, for now, i think i can settle for those. Now comes the room.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 212121 »

Anyone into high end professional monitors?

For example http://www.krksys.com/products_expose_e8b.php
_gilles
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by _gilles »

I have the HS80M and I never will change them ! 8)