mking mnml

- ask away
bicycles.usa
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

mking mnml

Post by bicycles.usa »

I have recently purchased a KORG padKontrol. At the moment I am using Ableton Live to make beats. What programs do you gentlemen use to make minimal? It is a very fun process. Also, I am in Chicago and I am looking for a place to buy vinyl tracks. Must I resort to the internet for this?

Thanks ppl.

bicycles.usa
Suave sounds.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: mking mnml

Post by victorgonzales »

bicycles.usa wrote:I have recently purchased a KORG padKontrol. At the moment I am using Ableton Live to make beats. What programs do you gentlemen use to make minimal? It is a very fun process. Also, I am in Chicago and I am looking for a place to buy vinyl tracks. Must I resort to the internet for this?

Thanks ppl.

bicycles.usa
cubase.

ANy of these will work.

http://www.kvraudio.com/allpluginsononepage.php
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: mking mnml

Post by hydrogen »

bicycles.usa wrote:I have recently purchased a KORG padKontrol. At the moment I am using Ableton Live to make beats. What programs do you gentlemen use to make minimal? It is a very fun process. Also, I am in Chicago and I am looking for a place to buy vinyl tracks. Must I resort to the internet for this?

Thanks ppl.

bicycles.usa
I use ableton live for tracks.

Goto Gramaphone records. I'm not sure if they are still on clark st. they have lots of techno there... and i think you can also check out hot jams... not sure if they are still open though... havn't been up there for record shopping in a while. I'm been experimenting going all digital now.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

you actually are not suppose to use programs, you are suppose to do nothing and eat lots of dorritos then when your laziness has reached a zenith you are too find a bunch of cans and a microphone and take a bunch of various sized shits into the cans while recording.... bam your gaiser...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

livecollective wrote:you actually are not suppose to use programs, you are suppose to do nothing and eat lots of dorritos then when your laziness has reached a zenith you are too find a bunch of cans and a microphone and take a bunch of various sized shits into the cans while recording.... bam your gaiser...

ahah! :D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

shake it babe! shake it! :twisted:
Techelon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Techelon »

you can make mnml on any software program on the market, it is the way you use it and experiment on it... so DON'T BE FUCKING LAZY, you getting payed by the results for the energy you put in.
so cubase, ableton, logic, sonar, check them out and buy the one thats fits you the best, i'm cool with cubase studio 4, its easy to build up an arrangement, you can work verry precise, it coast some money but it is worth it.
ableton is the best i think to do live sets
buying music on the internet: beatport.com, we do it on tractor scratch
mixer pioneer djm800 and saving money for a chaos pad effector
but pleace buy something YOU are cool with
............ we all just love (mnml) sound design...........
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

sound forge if you wanna be truely minimal.