that first song

- open
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

blockup wrote:Berghain/panorama bar, DC10 now they're good clubs. I've had more better nights in the T-Bar than Fabric. As for Richards he just plays minimal by numbers, and to say you've 'been left speechless by the beauty of his sets' shows you have no interest in creative music or even house music. Which is what it is, minimal is just another pigeon hole created by music mags so that they can print articles about new emerging scenes. I've been into house music for 20 years, and i know from experience what makes a good DJ and Club, and fabric and Richards are nowhere on the radar,you never know Fabric may get round to booking RPR next year after they've fallen for the hype. Until then i hope you keep being left speechless by lowest common denominator minimal, that is until the next fad comes along...
wow you are so much cooler than everybody else and your taste in music, and in this case techno music, is far above everybody else's

keep it real man !
patrick_o
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by patrick_o »

I like craig, I have seen him get a bit too oddball though, especially after Adam Beyer. But, like someone here has mentioned, playing the amount he does is really not an easy feat. Last time Villlalobos played fabric Craig was incredible, seamless changover from Ricardo to him. And lets not knock fabric, it hasn't acheieved the status it holds now for no reason.
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

apanell wrote:
I'm still waiting for minimal remixes of björk songs
http://www.discogs.com/release/28716

And yes, it is minimal, not in the actual definition of the word (pum tchak etc) but trust me :-)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Strange that people are dissing Fabric, to me it's THE best club around, it costs me a lot of money to go out there but I keep going back. And it never dissapoints me. Maybe I don't give a sht what people think and I just go to Fabric and have a great time instead of standing on the sideline moping and grunting about the fact that craig richards plays music to make people dance. What a crime, making people have fun, what is he thinking.

Any resident dj will have great days and not so great days. It's called being human. I've heared dj's being hailed here as superheroes play boring sets that pushed my snooze button for three hours on end. But you can't convince me that Richards isn't a good dj. He's not a super dj such as Raresh, Villalobos or Weatherall, but it's not really a shame to be a less good dj then these guys. Besides, all these would get their ass handed to them by Deg from Fuse, so who cares who is better or worse then someone else. As long as he gets people dancing with good music , he deserves where he is today. But I guess some people just start bashing everything as soon as someone gets succesful -and they aren't.
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

on fabric - i only went there once and i hated it. who cares if there is a good dj and sound system if you can move or breath? it was a really awful experience actually - not being able to enjoy good music because of the environment. i could never bring myself to return, so i dont know if that is the usual (but from what i have heard fabric is always overcrowded).

as for the first track, for me it was 'revolution 909' by daft punk. i remember hearing that at the first party i went to and thinking 'yes, this music is for me'. i am not sure what would count as the first 'minimal' track, though. as someone said, it is much harder to identify when you fell for one style. it was all a kind of progression...
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

In 95 a Acid Tab and Plastikman - Sheet One
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

The_Glass_Olive wrote:

Have a terrible day.
:lol:
I've enjoyed Richards every time I've seen him....
as for the minimal track that got me into it, I'm not entirely sure, I like most of the varieties of techno on offer, but Rob Hood - Ride was definately one of the records that made me sit up and take notice..
oblak_21
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by oblak_21 »

maybe" we are smallville EP"..particulary that track from dj swap,
and definitly gaiser- scatter..