Racism on Beatport ???

- open
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

:regi wrote:
vermi wrote:on bleep.com you get $ if you just use an us proxy...

but too much work for nothing imo.. but might be that someone wants to do it though
for nothing?? 1.99$ is quite different from 1.99€... :(
well, it's about a 36% difference, so of course its not "nothing", but for me, who mostly buy vinyls, it feels like its a bit too much fuss just to save a few bucks every now and then. if i bought mp3s all the time, of course i'd just use a us proxy instead so i'd get them cheaper, but....
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Euro

Post by Dantron »

vermi wrote:
:regi wrote:
vermi wrote:on bleep.com you get $ if you just use an us proxy...

but too much work for nothing imo.. but might be that someone wants to do it though
for nothing?? 1.99$ is quite different from 1.99€... :(
well, it's about a 36% difference, so of course its not "nothing", but for me, who mostly buy vinyls, it feels like its a bit too much fuss just to save a few bucks every now and then. if i bought mp3s all the time, of course i'd just use a us proxy instead so i'd get them cheaper, but....
As an American about to travel to Paris I WISH the difference was only 36% :lol:
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

how bout

shitty
signatures suck
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

vermi wrote:racism that you pay in $ and not € (or £)!!!! :)
+1000000... It's an unfair!
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

It's just legal licensing issues.
If you try signing into the iTunes store for different regions, for instance, you'll see different selections of music available/unavailable. It's not any deeper than that, it's just legal stuff. And yeah... why you called it racism is beyond me. "Sorry, the selection is unavailable because you're Canadian/Cuban/Chinese/American" would have been racism.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

adam wrote:It's just legal licensing issues.
If you try signing into the iTunes store for different regions, for instance, you'll see different selections of music available/unavailable. It's not any deeper than that, it's just legal stuff. And yeah... why you called it racism is beyond me. "Sorry, the selection is unavailable because you're Canadian/Cuban/Chinese/American" would have been racism.
i think its pretty obvious that he meant he felt discriminated, and that he maybe just didn't know the correct word for it..
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

ah, hail those good old facist days when records were only available to people living nearby record stores
:lol:
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

a lot of the time, tracks are released in different countries by different labels - or not at all in some countries. c.f. bands who are signed to Domino in the UK and EMI in the USA etc.... most likely the label who released the track in your country doesn't have beatport releases?

conventional record shops can simply import the CDs and sell them as "imports" at a premium but that doesn't really hold water legally for mp3 downloads i guess. either way, i'm sure it's not racism...