[zzz8] - sleeparchive - hadron ep 2008

- wax
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

I don't get it: Are people dissappointed about this release because it sounds like the old Sleeparchive stuff or because it does not sound like it? If artists keep following on their sound people complain about them becoming stale; if they don't deliver their trademark sounds people complain because they don't get what they expect. Leaves not much choice for an artist with a significant and successfull sound except quitting...[/i]
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
jackyx
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackyx »

qcd is nice, the first 2 tracks sound kinda old/recycled :/
meffeo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by meffeo »

Red Kite wrote:I don't get it: Are people dissappointed about this release because it sounds like the old Sleeparchive stuff or because it does not sound like it?
I'm disappointed because I was expecting a sound closer to the old Sleeparchive..
Red Kite wrote:Leaves not much choice for an artist with a significant and successfull sound except quitting...
That's right :!:
..keep the underground alive..

- myspace -
Silky
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Silky »

i like alot
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Red Kite wrote:I don't get it: Are people dissappointed about this release because it sounds like the old Sleeparchive stuff or because it does not sound like it? If artists keep following on their sound people complain about them becoming stale; if they don't deliver their trademark sounds people complain because they don't get what they expect. Leaves not much choice for an artist with a significant and successfull sound except quitting...[/i]
You could say that about any artist/label really. All in all, you just can't win. Honestly, I think the formula will run itself thin, but I would rather see him stick to the same style for the duration of the series. It's a rarity these days when artists truly see things through to the end (especially in a numbered series). I know it isn't numbered, but I feel like it should be.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:but I would rather see him stick to the same style for the duration of the series.
It's not like this release is that different from the other ones.
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

For me it's not about the style here.... it's obviously sleeparchive sound. Style or not, this release lacks something imo. I miss the tension I know from other releases. For me the primary attribute of an artist is not the style but the musical skills. Of course sleeparchive is a skillful producer ... and so this is just a weak release of a skillful producer. happens from time to time i guess...

OT.... meffeo's signature dancers should perform jichael mackson's schnurz.... fits perfectly :lol:
anozer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by anozer »

Always the same but damned ! i'm still lovin' it !