[Adjunct 22] Carola Pisaturo "Delle Palme"

- wax
sonofradiator
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sonofradiator »

re di spade wrote:For me this release is total bullshit!!!
too much compressed, it is not music...............
Only analogue is good music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cos obviously everyone here hates that goddam electronic noise sh!t! Lets get back to bongo drums and acoustic guitars!

It's the 21st Century, everyone loves fucked up processed mangled digital sounds, even your grandparents are digging the DSP! :wink:
S-Max & Spatial
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71085/

facebook.com/schmorgasbord
re di spade
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by re di spade »

you don´t understand. it´s not about using digital synth or digital sound. the matter of fact is that music needs analogue eq, and compression. there is no comparison. digital limiter and sh!t like that only decrease the dynamics of music. the problem, nowadays, is that people think that you can make music only with a laptop. this is big bullshit!!! there´s no production in 80% of the music you find in the shop. do you think that´s good?do you think that is freedom? this is only bullshit. a producer must use a true compressor, a true mixer, and a true eq. the rest does not exist. and if you can´t hear the difference...well you have some problems
A.
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A. »

re di spade wrote:you don´t understand. it´s not about using digital synth or digital sound. the matter of fact is that music needs analogue eq, and compression. there is no comparison. digital limiter and sht like that only decrease the dynamics of music. the problem, nowadays, is that people think that you can make music only with a laptop. this is big bullshit!!! there´s no production in 80% of the music you find in the shop. do you think that´s good?do you think that is freedom? this is only bullshit. a producer must use a true compressor, a true mixer, and a true eq. the rest does not exist. and if you can´t hear the difference...well you have some problems
well i def. respect your opinion.....but its just opinion my friend. Theres no RIGHT or WRONG way of doing anything! (except maybe with mastering and we use Dubplates and Mastering)....you dont HAVE to use analogue anything....thats an old way of thinking. theres no rules in making music man. fck rules! thats why i got into electronic music in the first place. If you DO use analogue gear and outboard compressors, eqs and sh!t - thats GREAT too! I can dig it man....no argument there. In fact, I have no idea what carola uses to make her tracks - and i dont care. Carola could have made a record with pots, pans and a half shark-alligator half man singing and she would have made that sh!t sound heavy! but thats just MY opinion :)

moral of the story: there are no rules. if you dont like the sounds thats totally respectable....BUT dont try to be some sort of analogue cop with a plastic badge of honor....wont get you anywhere in 2008....
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

"the problem, nowadays, is that people think that you can make music only with a laptop. this is big bullshit!!!

No man, this is the present and the future.

I'll never understand why a so "forward thinking" culture like techno is now invaded by primates like this.
Snows
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Snows »

Feelin the a1, willl 100% be seein some spin action :wink:
re di spade
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by re di spade »

so. first. nobody here knows what is talking about. digital music is bad. mp3s are bad. vinyls are good, analogue music is good. period. just play the worst analogue record you have after a digital record and it will blow it away. no question. it happens to me a lot of time when i was playing after people the played digital music. and analogiue vinyls blew them away. buy a book for an audio engineer, and open your ears. there are rules, you can break it, but you cannot make a good car with 5 wheels, and you cannot make good sounding musicwith digital limiter and sh!t like that. i don´t talk about the artistic point of carola´s work (even if i don´t like it..but this is SUBJECTIVE). i talk about sound. if you cannot hear an analogue record is better than a digital one, welllyou have some problems. the future is the past.the present just don´t exist. we are primate,...no problems about that.but we nknow what we talk about.
A.
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A. »

re di spade wrote:so. first. nobody here knows what is talking about. digital music is bad. mp3s are bad. vinyls are good
so nobody know what they are talking about? don't really wanna partake in that discussion....
but the release is on vinyl AND digital....so u do have a choice....u don't like mp3s ...no problem....buy the vinyl.....i don't have too much more to say that i haven't already....but mp3 "clips" of tracks are just meant to give the listener an idea of what the record is about....

over and out
kg
re di spade
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by re di spade »

i am the analogue cop!!!