I hate minimal techno

- open
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

change, diversion, variety.

Do not listen to techno and house exclusivly. For me it's dance music for the club. I rarely listen to it at home or work or even in the car. I think I would go crazy if I listened to electronic dance music 24/7.

Get in some ambient, jazz, blues, rock, pop. And when you come back to club music you will remember why you liked it in the first place.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

i got tired of following specific genres years ago
there's too much out there to just focus on one particular style.

as to minimal techno, the best was made in the 90's, with some brilliant clicky stuff around 2000-2001.
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

Shadi Megallaa wrote:Well... i think i just have way too much to say about the matter, so i just won't get into it.. but what i do have to comment about is when people refer to minimal techno as "minimal" .... which always makes me think.. minimal what..? minimal number of apples, minimal what? ...

or when people say, I'm into minimal.... i'm always just waiting there to hear the rest of the sentence..... uum yeaaaaaaaaah.. minimal number of towels at the beach?

anywho.. its all gotten out of hand if you ask me.. :lol:
that's been my biggest pet hate over the last few years. yeah i'm into minimal....arrrrrrgh!
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

I like good music!
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

dsat wrote:i got tired of following specific genres years ago
there's too much out there to just focus on one particular style.
hear hear.

I have always listened (and played) all kinds of styles, so never get bored of one particular style really. There are just periods when one style becomes a bit more dominant in my shopping lists, but to say that you're done with something... sounds to me like you never were really into it or you just follow whatever is considered cool.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

as the others said before: even if apples are good, you can't eat just apples every day of your life. (the risk is an apple overdose :wink:)
just try to eat something else for a while and see what happens...
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

Shadi Megallaa wrote:Well... i think i just have way too much to say about the matter, so i just won't get into it.. but what i do have to comment about is when people refer to minimal techno as "minimal" .... which always makes me think.. minimal what..? minimal number of apples, minimal what? ...

or when people say, I'm into minimal.... i'm always just waiting there to hear the rest of the sentence..... uum yeaaaaaaaaah.. minimal number of towels at the beach?

anywho.. its all gotten out of hand if you ask me.. :lol:
to me a problem is always been answering the question: "what kind of music do you paly/produce?"
jackyx
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackyx »

alot people here act like its the first time this happened ..

same thing happened 10 times+ before with different "techno-genres", if u sick of techno then listen/produce other stuff -> come back with that ideas u got from there =) -> unpredictable and interesting tracks.