Record shopping (London)

- open
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Record shopping (London)

Post by Del »

I’m in London next weekend. I was wondering what are the best record shops to check out?

I’ve been to Phonica the last few times I was over which was good but I was hoping to check out somewhere which is perhaps less busy or obvious and might have a bigger, older back catalogue of stuff to go through.

Cheers :D
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

VinylJunkies is probably the best shop left in London.
rockmachine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rockmachine »

rough trade? its legendary (maybe not for mnml tho)
http://foem.info

http://livesets.com

free music all over the place. enjoy
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

JCH wrote:VinylJunkies is probably the best shop left in London.
Why do you say that? Is it easy enough to find?
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Record shopping (London)

Post by vermi »

Del wrote:I’m in London next weekend. I was wondering what are the best record shops to check out?

I’ve been to Phonica the last few times I was over which was good but I was hoping to check out somewhere which is perhaps less busy or obvious and might have a bigger, older back catalogue of stuff to go through.

Cheers :D
in soho (around phonica) there are a lot of other record stores as well.
i found one which primarily sold rock etc (don't remember name), but they had a shelf full of old techno/house records. many unused promo's etc, and everything for a very cheap price.

i.e i got "va - post office 2" [telegraph - 2x12] for £4, promo, never used. and some other goodies as well :) of all the records that i bought there, only one was actually used before, even though the cover/sleeve at some could fool you. so just take your time and dig in the crates. just to ask the people working there if they got some techno/house.
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

Del wrote:
JCH wrote:VinylJunkies is probably the best shop left in London.
Why do you say that? Is it easy enough to find?
I feel most of the other shops all have the same stock, you already mentioned Phonica which is the best shop, besides VJ. You also got BlackMarket for DnB. They all lay in the same area around Soho.

There should be a shop around the same area as vinyl Junkies that have some old used techno and house.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

isn't there anything left in Camden these days?
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Thanks for the info.

I guess I'll make my way to Phonica since i know where it is and see what i can get my hands on in there. Then I'll just ask the guys in the shop to point me in the direction of those other shops.

...Then later that evening, Fabric and Villalobos :D