[US] 22-09-05 to 25-09-05 | Decibel Festival @ Seattle

any
suppoz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[US] 22-09-05 to 25-09-05 | Decibel Festival @ Seattle

Post by suppoz »

There is quite a phenomenal lineup of folks from all over the world for this festival in late September. The second year of Decibel Festival sees the organizers developing a pretty interesting round of showcases. I'm going, but I'm not involved in any way other than my support of the festival and the region.

http://www.dbfestival.com/

Decibel is a community arts organization whose purpose is to cultivate the influx of electronic music and visual art through education, multimedia performance and year-round music events throughout the Northwest. The annual Decibel Festival is a four-day culmination of this effort and provides audio clinics, panel discussions, film, art installations and dozens of electronic music performances within multiple venues in Seattle's Capitol Hill district. Through quality concert sound, live visual art, international respected electronic music talent and comfortable venues, the Decibel Festival has positioned itself as a globally recognized event.

Featured showcases:

MERCK LABEL SHOWCASE/DECIBEL OPENING PARTY
DERU, DECEPTIKON, PROEM, MACHINEDRUM

SHITKATAPULT VS. DETROIT UNDERGROUND LABEL SHOWCASE
APPARAT, KERO, JERRY ABSTRACT, DEREK MICHAEL

EXPERIMENTAL SHOWCASE
FENNESZ, TIM HECKER, HAKEA, SON OF ROSE

2005 ELECTRO POP SHOWCASE
STYROFOAM, HER SPACE HOLIDAY, MERCIR, KRISTINA CHILDS

MUTEK/MUSIQUE RISQUEÉ SHOWCASE
AKUFEN, DEADBEAT, JAY HUNSBERGER, BRUNO PRONSATO

AMBIENT SHOWCASE (KRANKY VS. GHOSTLY)
PAN AMERICAN, AEROC, LOSCIL, LUSINE

HEADFUK SHOWCASE V2
ISOLEE, THOMAS FEHLMANN, TIPPER

Seattle, various venues (mostly near Capitol Hill area)
Thursday, Sept. 22nd — Sunday, Sept. 25th, 2005
.-.-.-.-.:-:___suppoz.com___:-:.-.-.-.-.
-->Techno Sol @ Saucebox, Portland, OR, USA, every Thursday night
-->minimal from the Left Coast, USA.
kh4n
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kh4n »

:shock:

I have friends going down from Vancouver and Victoria for this. damn, that looks like a sweet line-up.
PANOSPRIA >> Home Page :: Twitter :: YouTube :: Facebook :: SoundCloud :: Vimeo
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Damn! wheres jeff Samuel?
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

minimal house wrote:Damn! wheres jeff Samuel?
he probably has the same problem i have in Montreal: local talent don't get much support. :?
nonstatic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nonstatic »

i heard he was really pissed about his treatment at last year's festival. he was on the preflyer for this year but it looks like he dropped out. i suspect the same thing happened.
suppoz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by suppoz »

hmm, yeah, I noticed the same thing (Jeff was on the preflyer but not in the new lineup) and was dissappointed. But there are still a ton of interesting local artists that are participating in the festival this year (Orac roster members, Lusine, Jerry Abstract, Deceptikon, Hakea, Jacob London, Nudge, alongside a number of local DJs and laptop acts as support).

I think that the festival is doing a great job of spreading out the styles of electronic music that it represents. Last year was a little one-dimensional (but pretty damn great), and hopefully they will continue the trend for the next installment in 2006.

I'm looking forward to it, most definitely! If anyone is coming from far away, drop me a note and I'm happy to offer some things to do/places to stay kind of info if ya need it. Or meet up for a beer or something, too!

ta,
--s-tephen
.-.-.-.-.:-:___suppoz.com___:-:.-.-.-.-.
-->Techno Sol @ Saucebox, Portland, OR, USA, every Thursday night
-->minimal from the Left Coast, USA.