Nope
21%

Total votes: 86

bipedal103
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bipedal103 »

Currently use vinyl exclusively.
When I go pro I'll buy and try all of them. Serato, Traktor and CD players.. All of it
djSethNichols
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djSethNichols »

100% vinyl.

started to include digital stuff when I was in the balance record pool (after they went digital) for about 1.5 years. But in the past 2 years I have gone back to 100% vinyl.
I don't like going between the two because of the sound differences. I do play some of my own tracks on CD at times, or some promos I still get digitally.

cool to see many others still rocking the wax! kudos
Sector Media
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sector Media »

Del wrote:90% vinyl 10% digital

Although a year ago it would have been the other way round.

I switched to Final Scratch about three years ago but buying digital only got boring and and I was getting no personal satisfaction buying, listening to or browsing my digital only collection. I appreciate my vinyl in so many more ways most of which have already been mentioned.

First and foremost I see myself as a music lover, vinyl collector moreso than a DJ (That’s how I started out). I play 2/3 times a month at clubs etc but most of my time is spent just LISTENING to music alone. Not mixing but listening on my turntables. Vinyl serves this purpose better than anything.

I sense a trend that people will go back to buying more vinyl again after making the switch to digital because like me that’s how they developed a passion, love for the music which imo can’t be replaced by mp3

It's a shame when i think of the money i wasted on digital tracks when at the time i THOUGHT i was saving money! I also got fed up compromising on quality by missing out on vinyl only releases all for the sake of saving a few ££

Another point which encouraged me to back to wax was I found it increasingly frustrating having to bring/set up the laptop etc at gigs and usually getting in the way whilst doing so. Recently I’ve started turning up with just my bag of records again ready to play, simple and effective :P
:!:

Spot on
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

bipedal103 wrote:Currently use vinyl exclusively.
When I go pro I'll buy and try all of them. Serato, Traktor and CD players.. All of it
"When" you go pro... you know something you wanna share?? ;)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

:P
bipedal103
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bipedal103 »

Ciaran_ wrote:
bipedal103 wrote:Currently use vinyl exclusively.
"When" you go pro... you know something you wanna share?? ;)
:)
well no... dedication maybe
not trying to be famous, just trying to be recognized, be appreciated let's say
:)
bipedal103
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bipedal103 »

man... if i could sum together the time i spent with my headphones on and the time listening to music... it's kinda weird, spending the majority of your lifetime in escapism, receiving soundwaves disconnected from the "real life experience"..
fck, i'm really drunk