Mac vs. PC for live production

- ask away
Lavandera
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lavandera »

And what about Vista? Are there any problems when using vista with audio interfaces?
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

MagpieIndustries wrote:I wouldn't risk standing on front of an audience with a PC. No way.
superstitious? :lol:
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

victorgonzales wrote:I have been using PC for years and have never had any instability problems.

The only difference I have ever seen with PC and MAC is the user interface which doesn't mean sht once you are in your music programs.

All of these claims for whcih is better is ridiculous unless you are running some older version of a pc or mac that cannot handle the programs you are running.
I tend to agree. Ive been a PC user for years and the only times my PC crashes is due to using a cracked programme or a cracked VST. Not due to the PC itself and even then its the programme that crashes not the hardware.

Ive seen as many friends Macbooks fail as I have PC laptops. (Although Id still love one for the aesthetics of the product)
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

MagpieIndustries wrote:I wouldn't risk standing on front of an audience with a PC. No way.

personal computer

–noun
a microcomputer designed for individual use, as by a person in an office or at home or school, for such applications as word processing, data management, financial analysis, or computer games. Abbreviation: PC

http://lowendmac.com/musings/08mm/the-m ... -a-pc.html

:lol:

just like Wendy's isn't Fast Food...
- matt
TheAlphaNerd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by TheAlphaNerd »

So I went ahead and bought the macbook pro. I also do video production, so being able to use final cut will be a bonus.

What finally made up my mind was that there was no comparable hardware on the market that satisfied me, and the mac only ended up being an extra $200.

Also spent some money on a good external sound card... went with the firebox.

Thankfully my student line of credit limit was doubled the day I made the purchase... gotta love 3.5 %
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

My iMac and MacBook Pro never made me turn mad as my old PC's did. I know there are some good PC's that are working well, but a Mac is always good. It's made in a more clever way, it's like everything was made to be instinctive, it's fast, clean, smooth.
It may not be technically better, but it certainly is better for your brain and nerves.
TheAlphaNerd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by TheAlphaNerd »

So far I've been loving it. The biggest selling point to me right now from an audio standpoint is it's unix kernal. My midi devices and external sound card set up so much simpler.

No longer do I have to restart ableton if I forget to plug in my nanopad

Free at last!