logic, ultrabeat

- ask away
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

logic, ultrabeat

Post by boomstick »

give me the scoop. i can make clicks and kicks on ultra, but any other minimal type sounds baffle me. im really lookin for advice on agnes type percussive techy sounds, to be more specific. and any advice for sounds from the song in this video: http://www.tiutiaputia.com/tylko_dla_su ... _dust.html . any info that anybody has to offer, except about cats in boxes, is welcome. i also have komplete, in case anyone has any tasty tidbits of information on the package
beam me up
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

Hello, Ultrabeat is probably the most powerful drum synth out there. It can take a bit practice though. The sounds you are looking for are easily created. One interesting feature for sample triggering is the Velocity controlled start and end point. In the sample window you can see the 2 handles at the top. The position of these controls the start and end point for the sample determined by Velocity. Try it with longer hits or vocals, you might like it!!!
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Just keep playing with it man. Ultra beat is seriously wicked.
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

@someone
ive used the velocity sampletrigger stuff before. excellent for chopping le samples
any tricks for squeaks and bleeps like in the song i linked to?
ive been fooling around with ultrabeat alot, and i just am dissatisfied with many of the sounds i make. ive made a few decent squeaky noises, but they arent really layerable, too upfront, not good to create texture. ultrabeat is a fab machine, i just have trouble getting more learned in it.
beam me up
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

Hey U, liked the track and vid!!! There seams to be a lot of Effects being used to create those Squeaks and stuff. As I'm sure you know sometimes Effects on quite simple patches can give sounds that would be very difficult if not impossible to create or imagine otherwise. I am looking at Effects as synthesizers in themselves more and more nowadays. As PhaseGhost said keep on, you'll find your sound. Sorry I can't be more specific!! It's great that your interested in synthesis as a lot of people would just Sample, Sample + Sample!! Keep on!! Someonelikeyou.
p.s. I've been doing this for more than 20yrs and i'm still dissatisfied!!!
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

just making sure you know, i didnt make that video. some genius polish guy did. are there any tips you might have for techy bass sounds in logic synths or native instruments synths? ive actually begun to figure out how make little squeaks- fm sines and some high pitch enveloping in ultra. since im getting percussion synth stuff figured out, i thought id get to thinkin bout bass
beam me up