reaktor sequencers

- ask away
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

reaktor sequencers

Post by boomstick »

this is something that is really ticking me off: when i assign sequencer midi output in reaktor to synths and stuff, there's clicking whenever a new note is played, and when i am using multiple tracks of reaktor in logic, the other tracks duck when the clicking happens. if anyone know what the problem could be, i will be in your debt. or at least really thankful.

also, i do have the latest update
beam me up
mimu.eu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mimu.eu »

do you trigger reaktor-synths / .ens or .ism-files 'inside' reaktor with the reaktor-sequencers or do you trigger 'external' plugins/softsynths you've loaded into Logic? What synths/plugz do you use..? I usually had issues with some Arturia-products because they're cpu-hogs.

Another question: are there any cpu-spikes as soon the clicks can get experienced? In reaktor and/or logic..?

Did this issue occur from one day to another or did you had it all the time? If this problem suddenly happened, did you earlier update anything? Any new drivers? Did you change any setting in reaktor and/or Logic?

Have you checked the reaktor-sequencers if they have still any AUDIO-output connected? If you're a bit experienced with reaktor, go to the structure of the sequencer.ensemble and de-activate the audio-outputs on the first structure-level by simply deleting the 'wires' to the 'mixer' to avoid that the sequencer not just delivers midi-signals. Bye the way, what sequencers are you using? Are there any known issues maybe mentioned in the NI userlibrary or in the NI forum concerning exactly these sequencers you're using?

Maybe these questions could help you starting to analyse your setup! Good luck!
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

i am using reaktor ism synths in reaktor. im using the life sequencer with the t'waangpad synth form the user library, to be specific. i was unaware that i could use reaktor sequencers for other softsynths in logic. im very inexperience with reaktor, so there arent really any changes in the sequencer's structure that i can make. there havent been any cpu spikes as far as ive seen.
beam me up
mimu.eu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mimu.eu »

did you create the .ens for yourself or is it something i can get from the userlibrary, so i'd offer to give it over here a try?

oh, and did you try to run the ensemble in an reaktor-stand-alone environment..? if so, do you also notice any clicks and drops?

just a few ensembles run on 88.2khz which is for some CPUs far too high and some audiocards and -drivers create incompatibility-issues, so usually set in reaktor the audiorate to 44.1khz or try to lower it. these are just a few usual hints concerning issues with reaktor.

once again, good luck ;-)

der einmeier
www.mimu.eu
http://www.soundstosample.com/info/Soun ... _Muzik/342
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

thank you. im gonna try that.

i just tried. no luck. the sequencer is part of the standard reaktor library, the instrument is from the user library
beam me up
mimu.eu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mimu.eu »

could you pls. upload your creation and send me the link? i'm using ableton live8 on a macbook pro but i could give it a try how it behaves over here and have a look at the structure in case i also experience dropouts or clicks.

best!
der einmeier
www.mimu.eu
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

i used the .ism Life, which comes with reaktor. i had it output its midi to t'wangpaad (which you can download here:http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=7722). the clicks happened both in logic and in standalone
beam me up
mimu.eu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mimu.eu »

i agree: i opened the .ens from the userlibrary and included by dragging and dropping the life.ism into it, connected its midi-out internal to the t'wan Gpaad and it somehow stutters; i slowly reduced the sampling-rate, even at 11025 sampling rate the clicks appear. seems like both .ens contain inside their structure some processes which disturb each other in running smoothly. what you could try is to 'extract' all of the macros of one of both ensembles and copy it into the 2nd macro-structure of another and than rewire the midi-cables straight, but this might take same time and could not guarantee that it will work. to see if only the t'wan Gpaad and life don't like each other, you could use another sequencer connecting it to it: if this works, we then know that somehow 'life's messing the clicks ;-)

best and good luck,
der einmeier
www.mimu.eu
& our new clicknoizedubmnmlelektro-library at