Creating chords like DeepChord?

- ask away
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

breakitdown wrote:
tone-def wrote:steevio is right

the problem i have with a lot of dub techno is it all sounds the same. even more so than other styles of techno. but i think there is lots of room for experimentation and to move things forward in the genre.
For sure. But if you can learn something, then reverse engineer will teach you lots of valuable lessons in my opinion.
which is precisely why i have no qualms about asking questions, getting a generic guidance answer, and then tinkering for a weeks on end. i'm years behind my peers with production, so i've gotta learn where i can, but i don't ever expect someone to divulge their secrets to me.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

but it's so simple, dub is the easiest form of music to make imo. do you really think the early dub pioneers spent days trying to fine tune their sounds? everything about it is simple, thats why it's so good. don't think about it to much just do it.
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

tone-def wrote:but it's so simple, dub is the easiest form of music to make imo. do you really think the early dub pioneers spent days trying to fine tune their sounds? everything about it is simple, thats why it's so good. don't think about it to much just do it.
agreed. especially since even posting tutorials and giving absolute answers to these questions for years didn't help...
Always think twice.
zongo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zongo »

breakitdown wrote:For sure. But if you can learn something, then reverse engineer will teach you lots of valuable lessons in my opinion.
Sadly for people willing to know more about this kind of music there is no dub-techno forum and no good tutorial available. I don't really care anymore since I developed my own sound but a couple of years ago forum & tutorials could have saved me from hours of pointless experiments...

Edit : maybe this absence of infos about dub-techno isn't so sad after all, and it also might be a blessing in disguise. This way there aren't 4.567.812 similar artists like in minimal and dubstep genres :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

zongo wrote: Edit : maybe this absence of infos about dub-techno isn't so sad after all, and it also might be a blessing in disguise. This way there aren't 4.567.812 similar artists like in minimal and dubstep genres :)
it's getting like that. i started a dub techno track a few hours ago. should have it finished in a few more.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Post it up after :D
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

zongo wrote:This way there aren't 4.567.812 similar artists like in minimal and dubstep genres :)
its hardly underground.

i overheard my dog saying he's been influenced heavily by Maurizio/Basic Channel the other day.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

::BLM:: wrote:Post it up after :D
will do. it's kind of a mixed bag of dub influenced stuff.

just remember that tune we started... is it worth finishing?