daedum - crash nonstop

- music
daedum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daedum »

thanks for all the comments! I feel the same as you.. i need to push it just a bit more.
---> My album is out now on Beatport and iTunes. <---
William Tech
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by William Tech »

Try to shift the beat every once in a while, that would spiced it up nicely i think. And try to add some sub bassline in there, it sounds a bit 'empty' in the low/sublow areas :)

What did you make it with btw?
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i like it

sounds cool
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Yes very nice track, dig the drum work and that drawing bassline, works for my ears and sounds good on my monitors :)
daedum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daedum »

thanks again.
William Tech wrote:Try to shift the beat every once in a while, that would spiced it up nicely i think. And try to add some sub bassline in there, it sounds a bit 'empty' in the low/sublow areas :)

im not sure how to work in sub basses. I dont have a sub at home just near field monitors. I think thats something i need to buy soon :). I made this track with cubase, Kontakt, Reaktor, and a Roland MKS-50.
William Tech
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by William Tech »

daedum wrote:thanks again.
William Tech wrote:Try to shift the beat every once in a while, that would spiced it up nicely i think. And try to add some sub bassline in there, it sounds a bit 'empty' in the low/sublow areas :)

im not sure how to work in sub basses. I dont have a sub at home just near field monitors. I think thats something i need to buy soon :). I made this track with cubase, Kontakt, Reaktor, and a Roland MKS-50.
You can hear/feel subbasses just fine on the average nearfield monitor. What i meant is that your track still sounds a bit too slim/empty in the low EQ area. Just a nice bassline would do it, or a good compressor and some EQ'in on the bassdrum would too i guess.

You don't need a subwoofer to hear basses. On the contrary, for music you definitely need to turn your woofer OFF if you want some proper sound. The only thing it does is boost the sub frequencies (+/- <50hz) and you don't want that with music... (at least not when producing ;))
daedum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daedum »

i dont know.. i saw mathew dear last week and the subs were full on.. and theres something nice about feeling it too. the vibration along with the audible sound
William Tech
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by William Tech »

daedum wrote:i dont know.. i saw mathew dear last week and the subs were full on.. and theres something nice about feeling it too. the vibration along with the audible sound
Ofcourse it sounds good to have a really heavy bass during playback, but you only want this when playing a song, not producing it. If you turn on your sub(s) while producing you'll end up with a song which is too soft in the low-area's because it's boosted while you prelisten during producing and you tend to cut off the low's too much when EQ'ing. When producing you need a sound from your speakers (including acoustics in your room/studio) that is as neutral as possible. That means: no boost in whatever region, nor high nor low... :)