free mastering

- ask away
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

PsyTox wrote:Especially in a time when promos are 'leaking' to blogs faster then you can get them uploaded to a store, it's best to be a bit careful who you work with or send your music to, I think.
Seems like you should re-evaluate your promo list :)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

nah, we only give promos to a very limited number of friends. Our releases usually turn up on blogs after the release date :) But still, I heard from a lot of other (bigger) labels that they really have this problem and a lot of them are indeed thinking of reducing the promo list or even stopping with this feedback thing all together.
Although in the really big industry I think a lot of the music gets leaked by employees of the label, the pressing plant or other 'insiders' tbh.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

PsyTox wrote:nah, we only give promos to a very limited number of friends. Our releases usually turn up on blogs after the release date :) But still, I heard from a lot of other (bigger) labels that they really have this problem and a lot of them are indeed thinking of reducing the promo list or even stopping with this feedback thing all together.
Although in the really big industry I think a lot of the music gets leaked by employees of the label, the pressing plant or other 'insiders' tbh.
Agree to all of it.
Seems like out releases are up the same day they are released on Beatport, and then it's the boring task of writing all those hoting sites to delete them.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Let me know guys if this is legit, if someone actually gets results. Also, it'd be great to hear examples of your mastering skills and the sound of the equipment. ;)
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Maiyal wrote:Let me know guys if this is legit, if someone actually gets results. Also, it'd be great to hear examples of your mastering skills and the sound of the equipment. ;)
"before and after" would be perfect! (if the artist permits)

t
loureed
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loureed »

i'll put up some before and afters tomorrow

i am 19 and just trying to build a small mastering "portfolio" consisting of electronic music my intent was not to master for established digital labels.. rather the novice who would like to see what his/her tracks sound like "mastered".

iam from the united states and i play in 2 rock bands, i love techno but i have no outlet for it because the only club nights people are interested around here are dubstep and dnb (which i dj but thats another story)

this studio is shared with 4 other bands... i am not going to provide an equipment list or any guarantee of your satisfaction.. but this sound of this studio is something else

the pirating accusation is absolutely ridiculous, i believe you were joking but whatever
i removed the mp3 request, but i'll have you know its a big inconvenience to have to download a 100mb file just to see what the track sounds like.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

loureed wrote: i removed the mp3 request, but i'll have you know its a big inconvenience to have to download a 100mb file just to see what the track sounds like.
ehm, but you do need the wav file anyway to master it?!?!
RichardLodge
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by RichardLodge »

Hahaha.. so I think what he's meaning to say is put an mp3 up so he can decide whether he wants to master your track or not.

Didn't realise Dubstep had made it over to the US! What next a Disco revival!