Studio photos - hardware pr0n

- ask away
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

Brankis wrote:
Opuswerk wrote:Also very much thinking of replacing the MachineDrum by NI Maschine
dont do it!
What's wrong with the machinedrum?

I'm very tempted on getting one. Have been savin up for a while...
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

erdbeerschnitzel wrote:@storlon

I see that you already have the launchpad, have you tested to play a drumrack with the buttons?
I had a launchpad in my hand and tested the buttons and it felt good and maybe even good enough to play drumsounds on it,
unfortunately it was not running... So I would appreciate any info on that.

Drumrack mod work well beside : no velocity and a sort of double click feeling on the pads. Disappointing but workable...
Last edited by Storlon on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
erdbeerschnitzel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by erdbeerschnitzel »

Thanks for the info, the double klick is what I don't want... think I'll keep it with my mpd24.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

@ Brankis & miniMAL_420:

Nothing is wrong with the MachineDrum. It's been a While I have it now, and i've been having quite a hard time integrating it in my workflow. As much as it is a great machine for sketching out ideas, I've found it very hard to transpose those in songs. I suppose most of this difficulty is from me coming from software to hardware...
One thing i was really keeping it for were Plocks. This is one of the most ingenious part of the MachineDrum. I still can't understand no one ever thought of such a thing in software. It does seem like Maschine allows for such per step manipulation in a relative way(I've been trying to emulate the MD behaviour in Live, but it's such a pain, it's hard to express, because of the relative positions of clip envelopes).
There's also a few sound related issues I'm having, but they can be very easily sorted when you start loading samples in it, and once you know what to look out for, while synthesizing sounds. I'm also verging on a more sample based song making as opposed to synthetized, so that might also be why i'm looking at MPC and maschine like devices. Would dream of having an all in one setup i must say.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

soggy wrote:i like this thread. :D
I would love to see steevios studio. ;)
my studio looks like a building site right now, ive been doing some big alterations, i'll post some pics next week when i'm finished mate.
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

Opuswerk wrote:@ Brankis & miniMAL_420:

Nothing is wrong with the MachineDrum. It's been a While I have it now, and i've been having quite a hard time integrating it in my workflow. As much as it is a great machine for sketching out ideas, I've found it very hard to transpose those in songs. I suppose most of this difficulty is from me coming from software to hardware...
One thing i was really keeping it for were Plocks. This is one of the most ingenious part of the MachineDrum. I still can't understand no one ever thought of such a thing in software. It does seem like Maschine allows for such per step manipulation in a relative way(I've been trying to emulate the MD behaviour in Live, but it's such a pain, it's hard to express, because of the relative positions of clip envelopes).
There's also a few sound related issues I'm having, but they can be very easily sorted when you start loading samples in it, and once you know what to look out for, while synthesizing sounds. I'm also verging on a more sample based song making as opposed to synthetized, so that might also be why i'm looking at MPC and maschine like devices. Would dream of having an all in one setup i must say.
I had great fun using my mates Maschine for a few days when working on my last track. It was very intuitive and I was sketching out rhythms very quickly. The soundlibrary that comes with it is was vast and high quality. If you've used Kore player and Battery then you'll find this really easy to get to grips with. The onboard effects were quality aswell. The only down point was the unit felt lightweight and the knobs very plasticky.

Im definately thinking about getting one though it makes producing drum tracks in-the-box much more tactile.
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cosmosuave »

Spent last week revising my studio... Reorg'd the Jerker desk and modded the shelves to tilt and place ledges on them to hold the synths... This is a far better setup than before... Not sure why I did not do this years ago...

MagpieIndustries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MagpieIndustries »

I've gotten kinda sick of electronic music, so I've moved all the gear out of the way, but if you look closely you can see two electribes, virus, xl-7 command station, a herc rmx controller and some other junk