apc 40 or the UC 33???

- ask away
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

thelabproject wrote:with the apc 40, i notice there are no knobs above the channels for eq...i guess its not your standard mixer layout...so i can assign a low eq cut to a knob on the top right ?
Someone posted a link to a site that had some great different assignment maps to the APC40, on this board a few weeks ago, can't find the thread now though...
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

hydrogen wrote:all are great devices. get them all. can't speak for the others but don't expect your uc33 to last more than a year.
I've had mine almost 3 years and no problems. I use it fairly regularly for gigs, just make sure you take care of your equipment.
thelabproject
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thelabproject »

still deciding, and with christmas fast approaching need to make a decision! couple more questions that have me pondering...

With the UC 33, could you live without a launch pad?? if so, what would be the alternative, using the mouse as a controller around ableton?

Cheers
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

thelabproject wrote:still deciding, and with christmas fast approaching need to make a decision! couple more questions that have me pondering...

With the UC 33, could you live without a launch pad?? if so, what would be the alternative, using the mouse as a controller around ableton?

Cheers
yes.
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

I've got a uc33 and think its great but if I had to make a choice now Id go with the apc40. If moneys tight tho the UC33 is the best budget controller imo.

Im the same as ominpresence Ive had mine for over 3 years and its still working fine.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

the uc33e has rotary faders - pretty important (and fun) for my live set.
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

just skip m both and go for a bitstream 3x, beats the design with a solid iron case and definately beats the possibilities. if you need a midi keyboard more than a programmable controller (though i cant look in your wallet) go for the Korg microkontrol. just compare the specs of all candidates to your wishes, really well before you decide.
sherman
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sherman »

thomasjaldemark wrote:
thelabproject wrote:still deciding, and with christmas fast approaching need to make a decision! couple more questions that have me pondering...

Cheers
yes.
You can map the assignable buttons to the Scene Up / Down buttons in Live, and have one for each channel's 'play selected clip' button. Especially if you are only using 2-4 channels, you've got enough there to work with. That basically gets me mouseless with my setup (albeit not a uc33e). HTH
-- sherman