ll Question about the positioning of Monitors ll

- ask away
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

if you don't have the possibillity to use stands, use some kind off stabilzers.
lessizmoremoreizless
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

s.k. wrote:are you the hello?repeat graphic designer? :)
no - just buying and playing the releases of the label - must say that i have the whole discography 8) i´m a collector ;)

and thx guys for the help & tips will check it out how it is the best for me and my ears :D
Martian Telecom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Martian Telecom »

It is also good to have some light foam on the wall behind the speakers to reduce reflections.

You might want to get some bass traps for the back corners of the room to fight against standing waves. Because of the weight needed to kill low frequencies, you don't want to be ghetto with this. You want to bite the bullet and buy Auralex bass traps or another commercial brand.

Finally, you might also want to have some kind of material behind your head to diffuse reflections from the walls behind you. I did this in my last studio on accident by putting an IKEA Expedit 4x4 shelf filled with vinyl behind me. The speakers shot straight into a shelf full of records and the highs and mids were killed by the weight of the jackets and the crevices being made by the records not being perfectly aligned on the shelf.

I did it because it was the only place in the room where I could fit the shelf. I didn't realize until after I read up on room dampening that it was actually making my room more accurate.
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

Auralex provide a free personal room analysis service. You send them your room dimensions with your monitoring position and they create a plan with suggested products and where to position them in your space. The plan was what I expected and the advice is what you get in most room acoustic articles but it was interesting to see their suggestions. I'll upload a jpeg of the plan they did for my space sometime this week.

http://www.auralex.com/pcf/default.asp
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cosmosuave »