Digital Mediocrity

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Android wrote: vinyl has multiple levels of filters, artist > label > mastering > pressing > distribution > record shop > DJ
which should weed out some mediocre tracks in most cases
mastering and pressing are not going to filter anything. those guys don't care as long as they get paid.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

Come on guys haven't you learned anything, never pay attention to android.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

another interesting trend according to me is that the audience doesn't seem to care at all. There used to be a strong public opinion about electronic music in terms of how the music is brought to the audience. THE argument against it was that it was made beforehand and not brought with real intruments, therefore one should not accept it as any true form of music, blabla...Within the edm scene, I would expect the audience also to form these kind of opinions, with the love or hate towards the fact that via ableton one does not have to have any beatmatching skills (note that for many listeners, the beatmatching skill is still the thing what makes DJ'ing difficult), but I only hear this discussion between the DJ's, not within the the 'listening community'. I think this is pretty sad and it shows that many people are just there for the energy and cheap thrills, without thinking about how it's done...
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

^^
Yeah, thats interesting.

But the band vs electronic music debate was really about two vastly different products, with distinct cultures and means of consumption

Where as the digital dj thing, is by and large, the same end product.
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

buying my mp3 traqz from www.beatport.com & www.whatpeopleplay.com
order my records (onky perlon, hello?repeat, vinyl only labels, limited releases or just only for the great artwork) from
www.decks.de & www.discogs.com & www.freebase-records.com and sometimes www.deejay.de

and i am very happy with it - i get my traqz which i like & search and i like this feeling of waiting for a record 8)
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

ok i found a few i like...after hours upon hours of sifting through names i do, or did, like. labels seem to have gotten kind of stale too. maybe i'm beating a dead horse, but what's with all the bongo tech house??

check the price on this one! :)

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/334004-01.htm
- matt
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

tone-def wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:
boomstick wrote:
tone-def wrote: btw there is a netlabel forum on mnml.nl

it's very good
+100000000. almost all of the music i have i got from netlabels discovered from the netlabel forum. to be honest, i didn't quite understand the extreme possible variations in minimal techno until i went into that forum. i thought it all had to be click...click...click...tssss (not an exaggeration) :lol:
here's one you won't find on there ;)

http://www.archive.org/details/FromToMainz
it was on there... it wouldn't be in my itunes otherwise :)
that was ages ago so you would need to dig back a long way.
i did plenty of searching to bump it and couldn't find it...either way, such a solid release :)
- matt
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

infernal.techno wrote:ok i found a few i like...after hours upon hours of sifting through names i do, or did, like. labels seem to have gotten kind of stale too. maybe i'm beating a dead horse, but what's with all the bongo tech house??

check the price on this one! :)

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/334004-01.htm
what the fck mate? this is interestingly cheap!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.