Post by Spurn »

[quote="ewinz"][/quote]

i see what you did there.
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

awsome toppic
:-) i was allready thinking a lot about this kind of stuff, i agree with you tone,
mayby we could even teach them some stuff ore in reverse?
mayby something to create more headroom ore something...
grtz
lessizmoremoreizless
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

Depre wrote: yeah, maybe they can hear frequency ranges we can't so their music to us sounds terrible but to them it's amazing.

or maybe THEIR technology is NOT so advanced and WE'RE the "aliens" with all the crazy technology? 8)
i like that theory. people bash on humans too much
beam me up
Sphere42
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sphere42 »

tone-def wrote:
it's interesting how aliens, their cultures and technology could be different. i'm sure animals and intelligent life throughout the universe have developed similar sensory organs to detect light, touch, smells, taste and sound. life on other planets would probably evolve in a similar way and they would need those things to find food and avoid being food.
aliens might have mastered space travel but maybe they are less advanced in other things like the arts or having communication systems like the internet. they might never have developed drums and only have acoustic instruments and know nothing about harmony.
I've always thought that ppl are thinking about aliens as creatures with legs and heads, based on ours or other animals anatomy, and I thought that idea is stupid. But you took that into next level with this kid of cultural development.

I think that idea of what life on other planets should look like is distorted by Hollywood and life on this planet. By bzillon years on this planet, life has evolved to solve problems that came with adapting on environment of this planet. So life on different planet could look like something we cannot even describe as life as there could be no need to breath or even eat. There could be an entity that is based on energy or something that we are still not able to tell what it is.
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

Sphere42 wrote:By bzillon years on this planet, life has evolved to solve problems that came with adapting on environment of this planet
With this in mind, if the earth is still around in a billion years I reckon the only genre of music to have survived will be some mutant strain of ghettotech. They've got their priorities straight.
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

it's about not thinking about this and just do what you feel.. and you REALLY feel!

I think this comes naturally with practice
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

yeah, i've always been interested about how different life forms would have different stuff.

like if their star was really far away compared to ours, then their plant life would have to be completely different and not depend on sunlight and synthesise in a different way (ie not growing upward or seeking the most leaf coverage), and their animals wouldnt depend so much on sight because it was so dark so they would have developed a completely different skill set, but there might be other things that they sense that aren't imaginable to us because they aren't one of our 5 sense.

maybe their music wouldn't be audio at all as we think of it, but could be something completely different that would speak to them in the same vauge way as it does to us.

or it could still be frequencies, but the way they interpret it would be very different, (not through ears, but through their body) more like a feeling like guilt, or love or whatever on a chemical level.

thats enough from me, anyway.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

music is just vibrations.
low frequency vibrations we feel as rhythm, higher frequency vibrations we hear as sound.
no matter what form an alien lifeform would take, presumably it would differentiate between vibrations, its just that those vibrations may be on a completely different scale. maybe our ultra-sound would be their rhythm and they might perceive light as sound.....