how to use moogfooger filter?

- ask away
Market
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

how to use moogfooger filter?

Post by Market »

Dear all I m wondering if anyone of you is using the Moogfooger Filter and how? I ve tried in a shop to play a synth through the moofooger filter but I was not impressed by the results.
Anyone has some example on how to use it?
thanks and ciao
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

marcobenatti
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by marcobenatti »

Hi

I ve a MF101 filter and I have to admit I rarely use it. I did not have good result in using it with synth since it does not have any ADSR controll for the filter, only a volume enveloppe. So for normal filtering I only use the filteres of my synths.
As more complex and rich are the sound you run through the MF101 as more interesting results you get. E.g. for drums is great!
Or if you have a EFX chain and you insert the MF101 you can also get interesting results.
But for normal filtering for a synth.. mhhh... I would not buy it.
Now what I m trying to do with it is to generate "bass" loop from different art of loop. E.g from a conga loop with low cut and mittle resonance to get a bass loop. This could be interesting, I m still trying right now to achieve this.
Hope I could help a little bit. Would be interesting if other people here in the forum use it as well to hear from them.
ciao ciao
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i have two MF101s, and i love them and use them all the time.

they are just a simple lowpass filter, i just use them to warm up mono channels on VA synths, and filter sounds in and out during a mixdown.
they are especially good at making digital bass sound warm and fat.

i can imagine if you are expecting some kind of amazing effects you'll be very very dissappointed.

its just a lowpass filter, thats all it does, but it does it to a high quality of sound. its most usefull when linked and controlled from a modular, or a Moog Voyager via a VX351 or CP251.

if youre using it with a DAW / soundcard, its probably not going to be much use to you.

i used to have a MF105, but didnt like it and sold it.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

i have tried using the filters on my lil phatty to warm up some sounds, not worked quite how i want it too... always comes out a bit too warm.
.agent
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by .agent »

I as well have the moog LPF. I also have the murf which is much more versitile. However running kicks or other mono sounds thru the lpf can resault in some nice sounds, especially a nice percussion type kick sounds. Try running something that has metalic overtones thru the lpf and sweep the filters until you get a good subby bass sound eminating off of the transients from the source material. Record the subby transient only and loop it. Make a copy of that loop and reverse it. Record both the reversed and normal subby loop to another track. Copy that to a new track pan both hard center and off set one track by say 100ms and eq each just a little different from eachother. You'll get a great sounding sub bass bottom to your track. Use a gate if you want to have it a bit more rythmic and or sidechain compression.
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

i think like with al sounds, vst's, synths,.. the AMAZING sounds comes when its mixed.... and if something sounds overwhelming amazing, start to cut frequencies because moast of the time it will e too heavy for the mix..
lessizmoremoreizless