DSI Tetra + Vermona DRM or Prophet 8 or Deopfer A100 ?

- ask away
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

yes in some point you are right steevio but you can buy a 500 euro oscillator which you will only find in 1500-2000 euro synths. so if you dont go down the modular road completely its still an option to consider.
techno made me do it
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i agree with Steevio that unless you are going all the way with modular, the starting price and investment of brain stuff (it's a bit more effort than learning how midi works... but not that more) is a bit too much.

Like you can buy a case for 1 row of modules for £150 or so, but for £350 you can buy a case for 6 rows.

I also agree with Deccard that you can get can get high quality synth components at a decent price in modular and not need to go all the way.

Maybe get Cwejman vm-1, and a cheap case from analogue solutions and a midi cv converter?
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

or just build a box yourself? i cant see myself paying for a box 350 ever.
its all about the rhythm
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Rookas wrote:or just build a box yourself? i cant see myself paying for a box 350 ever.
if you can build a box for 6 rows and with a PSU and distribution boards for less than 350 then maybe you should start a business!
tintin2085
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tintin2085 »

My main focus is not only the basses. For the beginning it's that. Because my budget is limited and if i can bring out only nice basses it's nice enough :)
If I invest into a modular synth it's for evolve it and for making every sound possible. My setup is actually 100% in the box and What i fear is that the modular don't really make a good couple with a computer. I want to have a efficient setup. So I want to know if I can at the beginning use a modular synth like keyboard synth with midi (using the mod wheel...)
i know that the possibilities of a modular are unlimited but if I invest a little money in the beginning I want to have something usable.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

just buy some kind of controller for vst;]]] or go for mfb stuff maybe? semi modulars?
its all about the rhythm
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

tintin2085 wrote:My main focus is not only the basses. For the beginning it's that. Because my budget is limited and if i can bring out only nice basses it's nice enough :)
If I invest into a modular synth it's for evolve it and for making every sound possible. My setup is actually 100% in the box and What i fear is that the modular don't really make a good couple with a computer. I want to have a efficient setup. So I want to know if I can at the beginning use a modular synth like keyboard synth with midi (using the mod wheel...)
i know that the possibilities of a modular are unlimited but if I invest a little money in the beginning I want to have something usable.
maybe look at cwejman vm-1, analogue solutions low cost case plus midi to cv converter.
tintin2085
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tintin2085 »

Rookas wrote:just buy some kind of controller for vst;]]] or go for mfb stuff maybe? semi modulars?
Semi Modular don't interest me. I have already an old keyboard and a PadKontrol for midi controller. What I have is to add analogue sound in my setup.

Did a Midi to CV module like the Doepfer 190 make a good work ?