for the label owners out there

- ask away
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

victorjohn wrote: The other issue is SoCal culture is a weird kind of prideful thing. It loves to know nothing about other places and pretend that it is the center of the world at the same time. So basically you get a lot of musically ignorant people feeling like they have arrived and are experiencing the best the world has to offer even at the dumbest events with the worst music.

It doesn't pay any dividends, in either money or satisfaction, to be a strong pusher of the underground sound in SoCal.
Good God I know. Coachella was just around, and now there's an influx of hipsters who think they know all about "electronica" now. (Hate to sound like an old fart, but I've facepalmed myself over a few too many conversations.)

I've met lots of musicians and real music fans, but I think the genres are too well rooted around here. Hip-hop and rock are huge, and the people who aren't into those are just those "dumbass etards."

Even good friends of mine (smart friends of mine) only hit up the quarterly massives up in LA or San Bernardino, to catch Paul Van Dyk or Above & Beyond and all the trancecrackers.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

NewSc2 wrote:trancecrackers.
:lol: I think I just found the name for my new EP
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

So has it got worse for anyone since this was first talked about? For us now the top links in google are to pirate sites. There is one wiki music which is the worst. We send emails, but they never take them down. We should form a collective and sue these sites.