Hello from Denver, CO USA!!!

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
Este
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Hello from Denver, CO USA!!!

Post by Este »

Hello everyone! New to this forum and found it google-ing around. It's nice to see a community behind the minimal/techno scene and I'm glad to be a part of it. My name is Estevan and am a college student and native here in Colorado USA and have been DJing for about 4 years now. I started with Trance and was into that, but I only liked the progressive stuff, which is hard to find in that genre. Things were getting a little too fluffy and it seems like Trance and House were getting too commercial as well. I've always tried to stay away from trends like that and enjoy some groovy dark sounds. Thus why I got into Techno/Minimal. I also recently changed my moniker to 'Este' (being the first half of my name. It used to being 'Stevan Ruiz' (if you google that you'll see some stuff).

I'm a big fan of the "Berghain" sound (Len Faki, Ben Klock, etc...) and follow Chris Liebing's CLR podcast every week. I'm still somewhat new to the scene, but am still exploring the music and sounds that cultivate the genre. I'm also getting into production solely using Reason 4 (and hopefully moving to Record later). I feel as though Reason has all that I need and is a good learning experience for me with the emulation of hardware gear and patches things together. I also use some Ableton, but really only to construct some of my mixes.

I also do a monthly mix featuring my top ten favorite (techno/minimal) tracks of the past month. I've been doing this for about 2 years now (before with teance obviously), and I try to keep things fresh and up to date. You can find April's mix on my soundcloud site below.

Hopefully this isn't too much, but I hope to contribute a lot to this forum. Be it music, mixes, DAW help, ideas, or whatever. Thanks for reading this and I'll see you around the forum!

(-)