mbase via midi

- ask away
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

mbase via midi

Post by klankeffect »

hi,
i am a big newbe when it comes to hardware stuff. I've just bought an mbase 11, audio is working, i am doing the sounds via the trigger on the device, now in the manual it says that i can play it via my midi keyboard (edirol pcr) this isn't working. when i am recording audio and i put on the midi channel it is putting the notes on c1 but no audio. i can not trigger the mbase via this keyboard.
any advice is welcome.
i am working with cubase 5.

Scnd question: is it possible to connect my novation controller to this device as well. so i can trigger the notes on the keyboard and twist the parameters with the other midi contoller?
grtz
lessizmoremoreizless
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

do you know what midi channel the mbase uses? most drum modules use channel 10.
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

the midi channel is definable on my mbase01 so i suppose it is too on mbase11, i cant give cubase specific tips, but i think you should recheck the basics (midi cables ok? midi channel set ok? audio routing to the right channel). maybe some cubase user can help you out, it sounds to me like your midi notes aren't going to the mbase.

as for the novation, i dont know it specifically but i dont see why not. read a bit about the midi uses, especially the mbase manual on the jomox website or your midi controller. i used a bitstream 3x to tweak the parameters on the mbase and it worked like a charm.
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

hi
thx for the answers didn't have any time to spend with my laptop yet, i am going to check this, this week, idd it has an definable midi channel aswell, i was trying to define a new hardware synth in cubase, altough i am doing something wrong ...
lessizmoremoreizless