Anybody got heat-problems with the 2010 Macbook Pro's?

- ask away
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Anybody got heat-problems with the 2010 Macbook Pro's?

Post by loulou »

Hi there!

I just ordered a Macbook Pro, with 2,66 i7 CPU, 8gb RAM, 7200 RPM HD.
But then i read on a site somewhere that these beasts can reach 100 degrees celcius, and shut down when reaching 110 celcius.

Do you think running Ableton Live, plus plugins, or running Traktor will overheat the machine?

Peace!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I had heat problems with my macbookpro (from march 2008). I recently found out what the problem was.
In the beginning I had a Canon Pixma printer attached at home, and apparently I still had the driver installed on my machine, and this driver was cycling crazy in the background.
So one day, not so long ago, I saw this, and I killed the driver process and uninstalled it totally, and now the temperature of my machine is 40-55 Celsius, compared to the 68-85 Celsius like before...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

my girlfriend is running some serious VJing programs on a new macbook pro
and it gets hot, but doesnt seem to be adversely affected in any way, if thats any help

saying that it doesnt get anywhere near as hot as her old Pentium 4 laptop
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loulou »

Okay, i dont really care if it gets hot or not, as long as its not affecting or damaging the machine. But i'll just have to wait and see. Does any of you know how i can see the temp. of the machine?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

loulou wrote:Okay, i dont really care if it gets hot or not, as long as its not affecting or damaging the machine. But i'll just have to wait and see. Does any of you know how i can see the temp. of the machine?
smcfancontrol is quite good.
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

The new MBP get really hot and the fans are loader than 160mm fans in my growroom!!! It's no problem though, just the duel core working hard. iStats is a good app for keeping an eye on things. Don't try to over ride the fans though, let them work.