MFB nanozwerg. Somebody use it?

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

steevio wrote:a sub oscillator isnt the best thing to add for bass unless its a sine-wave osc.

otherwise you cant get that deep subby sound
I'm struggling to think of any analogue synths with sine wave oscillators full stop, let alone a sine wave sub oscillator. Isn't a sub oscillator always a square waveform? :? . That's not a statement, it's a question, I actually didn't know that sub oscillators were ever anything but a square waveform.

I too was looking at this but I don't like being limited to a 12db/8ve for a LP filter, that's a stupid limitation.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Future Retro XS and Studio Electronic SE1x (new version), Cwejman S1 has sines at least. Those are a "bit" more expensive than MFB's though.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

im waiting for the microzwerg more actually, but thinking of this one too
its all about the rhythm
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

AK wrote: I too was looking at this but I don't like being limited to a 12db/8ve for a LP filter, that's a stupid limitation.
so you get a weak filter but at least it's multimode. i think it's more of a stupid limitation if it's just an LP filter. it's loosely based on the Oberheim SEM, which is cool because everything these days is based on moog or curtis filters.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

tone-def wrote:
AK wrote: I too was looking at this but I don't like being limited to a 12db/8ve for a LP filter, that's a stupid limitation.
so you get a weak filter but at least it's multimode. i think it's more of a stupid limitation if it's just an LP filter. it's loosely based on the Oberheim SEM, which is cool because everything these days is based on moog or curtis filters.
Why would they not include a LP24 filter though? Would it really have that much effect on the production cost?
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

I don't really get how people can bitch about a 230 euro synth not having a ton of bells and whistles. That is like getting a BJ and then complaining that the steak she cooked for you afterward wasn't cooked just right.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Casanova808 wrote:I don't really get how people can bitch about a 230 euro synth not having a ton of bells and whistles. That is like getting a BJ and then complaining that the steak she cooked for you afterward wasn't cooked just right.
Funny how you differentiate between discussing and bitching! :?