Digital synths

- ask away
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

NewSc2 wrote:
victorjohn wrote:The Elektron Monomachine is the most used synth in my collection.
huh, really... how do you use it? i love my Machinedrum but i can't seem to get non-monomachine-y sounds outta my MnM.
Why would you want to? Monomachine sounds awesome, at least as long as you don't try to force it to sound like something else. It's hard to emulate other synths on it though, if you accept that, it rocks. I love mine too.
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

Barfunkel wrote:
NewSc2 wrote:
victorjohn wrote:The Elektron Monomachine is the most used synth in my collection.
huh, really... how do you use it? i love my Machinedrum but i can't seem to get non-monomachine-y sounds outta my MnM.
Why would you want to? Monomachine sounds awesome, at least as long as you don't try to force it to sound like something else. It's hard to emulate other synths on it though, if you accept that, it rocks. I love mine too.
I can get several different flavors out of the MD (deep/big or thin/digital), but not so much with the MnM. As an all-in-one pair (MD+MnM), I'd like to get more textures out of the Monomachine.
prussell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Digital synths

Post by prussell »

Torque wrote:Kurzweil K-2000
Word to that...Kenny Larkin used this synth extensively on his first album, Azimuth.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

casio cz-101/1000
yamaha tg-33/dx-11/dx-21
ensoniq esq-1
roland d-50

i just love casio cz-1000, the sound of it is so sweet..

hear it in the bell/brass sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drlkASnv ... re=related
Last edited by nakoradiomies on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I'd prefer to own a pile of digital synths than analogue to be honest, esp FM or analog/digital hybrid synths. I think analog is over rated anyway, never particularly saw the attraction in the first place.

I want to gewt my hands on the yamaha dx200 groovebox thing. I have had a few digital synths over the years some of them absolute crap and others ok. Nothing really that I would like to have again though.

Actually the last thing I had was the Roland JV1080, I really liked that and wouldn't mind getting another one. Had to sell it to raise a bit of cash but it was a nice synth capable of a huge palette of sounds.

So that's my bargain of the week to look for, the Roland JV1080
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

maybe you forgot to turn on your ears?
its all about the rhythm
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

clavia micro mod
would never give that machine away.
techno made me do it
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

AK wrote:I'd prefer to own a pile of digital synths than analogue to be honest, esp FM or analog/digital hybrid synths. I think analog is over rated anyway, never particularly saw the attraction in the first place.
what analogs have you owned?

i think it's best to have a mixture of sound sources, analog synths, digital synths, software synths, samplers, acoustic instruments...