unconventional rendering of projects...

- ask away
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

unconventional rendering of projects...

Post by Ingemar »

hi, I'm in a bit of a predicament. The thing is that I need to make a new render of an old cubase project (I only have mp3 versions of it but I need a .wav version), but for various reasons - changes of setup and so on - now that I try to render that project one of the instruments crashes and at the moment I can't seem to rectify that problem.

As a way out I was thinking, what if I play back the entire project in cubase (which for some reason works) and record the headphone output of my soundcard into the microphone input of my laptop, and use a program on the laptop to save the soundfile as a .wav.

When it comes to soundquality, will this have any major impacts to the file?

I still haven't given up on rendering the original project with cubase, but I'd like to keep my options open.

I would be very thankful for any input on the matter
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

A few things spring to mind.

1. Bounce the crashing instrument to an audio track, then delete it and then render the file.

2. On a new audio track, simply record the whole song, then render that.

3. In an audio editor, record the live stream and save that as your .wav
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

can you not just make an audio track and select the mix output as it's input?
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

thanks

as far as I can see the problem is some sort of corruption with a an already rendered version of an instrument, but I managed to recover the old settings I used when I made the track on another computer and rendered it from there

hopefully this was a one-time occurence and not the first sign of a bigger problem...