Richie Hawtin introduces Griid for iPad/iPhone

- ask away
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

pheek wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:Personally, I'm not into the whole touch screen thing. A lot of times you gotta touch it just right to get what you want (i have an iphone). I like my audio equipment to have a knob or button or slider or whatever. Plus ipad's are fuckin stupid.

I fuckin hate ritchie hawtin anymore. I remember in the 90's when I saw him it was amazing (granted I was 19 at the time). Now, you couldn't pay me to see that guy.

Sorry for the rant. 8)
:shock:
i can understand. i respect richie's influence on many things, but i dont like most hawtin sets i hear. hypish loop-based bleepy stuff, predictable and barely containing elements to get me turned on. too much delving into the digital and only digital stuff, in the 90's the plastikman stuff went through many changes and transformations in electronic music, but expressed more life to me than nowadays. so many lads ignore vinyl because king rich advocates digitalization. still r tons of dedicated followers that love anything that they hear as long as it's minus or fancy haircut, just because of the hype and it eats the soul out of music discouraging artist creativity too in the end.
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

Salomo wrote:
pheek wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:Personally, I'm not into the whole touch screen thing. A lot of times you gotta touch it just right to get what you want (i have an iphone). I like my audio equipment to have a knob or button or slider or whatever. Plus ipad's are fuckin stupid.

I fuckin hate ritchie hawtin anymore. I remember in the 90's when I saw him it was amazing (granted I was 19 at the time). Now, you couldn't pay me to see that guy.

Sorry for the rant. 8)
:shock:
i can understand. i respect richie's influence on many things, but i dont like most hawtin sets i hear. hypish loop-based bleepy stuff, predictable and barely containing elements to get me turned on. too much delving into the digital and only digital stuff, in the 90's the plastikman stuff went through many changes and transformations in electronic music, but expressed more life to me than nowadays. so many lads ignore vinyl because king rich advocates digitalization. still r tons of dedicated followers that love anything that they hear as long as it's minus or fancy haircut, just because of the hype and it eats the soul out of music discouraging artist creativity too in the end.
(-) would jimi henrdix's guitar work have been diluted had he stayed alive? not comparing hawtin's work on par, but still... give the man some credit. he's significant in historical right.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

put Ritchie Hawtin in the title of a thread then watch it descend, no matter what the thread is about, into a 'I love Ritchie' I hate Ritchie' thread...yawn.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

kristofason wrote:put Ritchie Hawtin in the title of a thread then watch it descend, no matter what the thread is about, into a 'I love Ritchie' I hate Ritchie' thread...yawn.
heh, just wanted to point this nonsense out. Oh please ppl.

OT: Wonder how is it working out compared to Lemur (The Lemur costing 2k and iPad only 500...)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

well like i said i do have respect for hawtin, i just don't like his present-day dj sets. to stay on topic, i don't see why anyone wants to use those fancy gadgets to play live sets. guys playing iphone livesets? i hope never to witness it, cause i will go home. technology is ok but this is either silly or i'm a conservative stubborn old-fashioned guy. i dont care. ipad looks fun for reading e-books though.

peace
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

Lemur?

wanderer_
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wanderer_ »

there are three things you don't talk about on forums:

1) religion
2) politics
3) hawtin

The nerdrage is entertaining though :D
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Themis wrote:Lemur?
Lemur.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...