New drum machine & new synth?

- ask away
the_unable
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

New drum machine & new synth?

Post by the_unable »

Hi guys, i'm opening this new topic because i'm tired of using sample loops, and drum hits already prepared. Now i want you to give me an advice about what should i buy to have my own sound.
Also I was looking for a new synth to make my own bass..what i should buy by your point of view?
Direkt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Direkt »

For drums you can try Microtonic, AudioRealism DrumMachine, D16 Drumazon and D16 Nepheton. And as for basslines you could try AudioRealism Bassline, or... any other synth for that matter. It's all up to you.. and what sounds you'd like to create.

Cheers
bam
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Software or Hardware?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i take it you mean hardware drum machine and synth?

have a look at MFB. they do affordable analog drum machines and synths.

http://www.mfberlin.de/Produkte/Musikel ... ronik.html

Dave Smith Instruments also have a nice range of synths

http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/products/index.php
the_unable
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by the_unable »

Both
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

for creating your own kicks and other stuff vermona is great as it has a big range of sounds , mfb are kind of clones and "limited" ..
for synths it only belongs to your budget.. evolver is on my list , blofeld or microq are good all rounders
its all about the rhythm
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

the_unable wrote:Both
this <-
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Things to consider before getting a Vermona drum machine.
- It has no step sequencer. youll need to program it by midi (the best solution for this that ive found are to get Tattoo, which is a soft drum machine by it self or Cubase Beat Designer or a hardware drum machine).
- Youll need an 8 pre amps audio interface to record all channels at the same time, or one pre amp to record each at a time (via the master out, no need to change cables with this method).
- If you want to play it with other samples, loops, softsynths, youll need a strong computer to keep the latency as low as possible.

IMO, it sound great, but to me only after good eq and compression. sometimes transient designer is also needed to get it the way i want.
but once you cover that, there nothing better to have if you want your own sound.

You can also try one of the old Korgs or if your budget can stretch enough, get a machinedrum.
for bass, have a look at Dark Energy. you might also wanna check SH-101. bass station is also good. not good as the SH-101, but it doesnt have that anoying clock for every note you play