- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Edward_Molton wrote:
alutza wrote:
Kiani wrote:sadly what I've noticed is confirmed by this video too. The totally wrong crowd is coming to see the guy lately, a bunch of guys that first digged Tiga and now jumped on the Villalobos train.

Painful... but anyway his sets are mostly still true to his roots, but still I hate it when some Jersey shore douchebag starts shouting Ricardooooooo like he owns his local gym...
You do have to take in consideration that this is Exit, a festival that caters to a lot of different musical genres so I wouldn't be that surprised if many people there seem "out of place".

P.S. Tiga is quite good imo, lol.

I think it's good that people can discover Villalobos on a festival. They might not be the 'correct' crowd but maybe they stop listening to crappy electrohouse after seeing Ricardoooooo.

yeah maybe you're right...

it's just that mostly these folks aren't into experimentalism, so you don't hear him playing things like DJ slip together with Arvo Pärt anymore...

anyway, everybody should enjoy, no need for me to say who can and who can't :)
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

I only like stuff that less than 5 people know about, the moment the 6th person finds out, it's too mainstream and I'm over it :roll:

For any scene to survive and grow, there needs to be an influx of new blood.

Yeah, you get the trend-hoppers who will be moving onto the next big-trend, but you also get the people who end up falling in love with it and get a genuine interest and stick around once all the trend-hoppers leave.

Without this rise/fall in popularity and exposure - scenes stagnate and die, and playing massive wide-appeal festivals is one way of doing it.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

shypht wrote:I only like stuff that less than 5 people know about, the moment the 6th person finds out, it's too mainstream and I'm over it :roll:

For any scene to survive and grow, there needs to be an influx of new blood.

Yeah, you get the trend-hoppers who will be moving onto the next big-trend, but you also get the people who end up falling in love with it and get a genuine interest and stick around once all the trend-hoppers leave.

Without this rise/fall in popularity and exposure - scenes stagnate and die, and playing massive wide-appeal festivals is one way of doing it.
wise words
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

shypht wrote:I only like stuff that less than 5 people know about, the moment the 6th person finds out, it's too mainstream and I'm over it :roll:
What is that me now?

Scenes stagnate and die too when too many people without the intention to think differently start to be involved.

anyway, I want everybody to enjoy, so it's all good...
souat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by souat »

any1 got that audio? :( my inbox wait for it :o lol. thanks
xpress
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by xpress »

great! :)
ignorant fairy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ignorant fairy »

love the way he's just opening records from the cellophane as he goes- the man!!
Pansen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pansen »

Here's a MP3 Link (I didn't upload it, i just fetched the links from another forum).

http://djurl.com/o9afhvcc
http://www.fileserve.com/file/BWHCPdZ

To be honest: One of the worst sets i've ever head from ricardo. he could play this kind of music on the loveparade or at the oberbayern on mallorca. really disappointing!