Tips for Converting to mp3 and mixdown.

- ask away
kylemcsparron
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kylemcsparron »

Those export settings are a bit extreme if thats your final mixdown, if your simply going to be converting to MP3 after use;

Sample rate 44100
Bit Depth 16 Bit

And you can change your settings in itunes by going into preferences and changing your CD import settings. When you change this to 320kbs MP3 you'll have the option to make MP3 versions.
skorzy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skorzy »

aha, ty very much for the iTunes tip, gonna use that method then from now on.
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

You do realize that soundcloud only plays back 128k files no matter what you upload, right?
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

skorzy wrote:I just use ableton live, if i use export audio/video function. I can only chose WAV as file type, as sample rate i take 192000 and bit depth 32. Should i just lower the sample rate?
one of your problems is that unless the audio you used was at 192khz in ableton, you have essentially performed a huge sample rate conversion on any audio that was in the track...

then you have done the same thing again twice by converting straight to mp3 from the 192khz wave back to 44.1

so you have performed two poor sample rate conversions and also truncated the bit depth without any dithering process, etc...