Ear Plugs for Clubbers

- ask away
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Robot Criminal wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:you need to get the custom made ones, that fit your ears perfectly.
then you decide which filter to put in, -7db, -15db or -25db.
I have -15db, which I find cool for clubbing, but I can't dj with them.
yeah I know about the custom ones, just wanted to know is it worth the dough :P
yes
Armando_C
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Armando_C »

patrick bateman wrote:you need to get the custom made ones, that fit your ears perfectly.

Why "you can't dj w/ 'em"?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Armando_C wrote:

Some can, I can't. Maybe I could if I took the time to get used to it, but it doesn't work for me, but I know some friends who can.
I have the -15db filter, I probably would be able to use them while dj'ing with the -7db filter easier.
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

i was reading some revieuws in belgium newspaper a while ago, i didn't read anything about rexton, probably they are awsome but they said the ones custommade from variphone are really good, but expensive tough.
grtz
lessizmoremoreizless
NomadSpectrum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by NomadSpectrum »

I had this discussion with a Otolaryngologist and she said forget about earplugs unless they are specially made for you as they could do more damage than good (but then she probably had her own agenda to sell me one)
_gilles
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by _gilles »

NomadSpectrum wrote:I had this discussion with a Otolaryngologist and she said forget about earplugs unless they are specially made for you as they could do more damage than good (but then she probably had her own agenda to sell me one)
+1

The problem with those webshop is that you need earprint made by an audiologist. Luck for me, my father is an audiologist and sent the earprints to a lab to custom your molded earplugs.
klankeffect wrote:i was reading some revieuws in belgium newspaper a while ago, i didn't read anything about rexton, probably they are awsome but they said the ones custommade from variphone are really good, but expensive tough.
grtz
Trust me, that review was bullshit.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i also have custom made ones

with a -15 db filter for 230 €

i wouldnt visit a club without them. there are only a handfull clubs in the world were i would go in without them, but most soundsystems are just to loud and wrong adjusted.

the first 3-4 times you need to adjust but after that you will love the sounds through the earplugs.

on mediocre and bad soundsystems you will hear the details of the music much better than without the earplugs.
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

patrick bateman wrote:
Armando_C wrote:

Some can, I can't. Maybe I could if I took the time to get used to it, but it doesn't work for me, but I know some friends who can.
I have the -15db filter, I probably would be able to use them while dj'ing with the -7db filter easier.
I have both the 15 and the 25 db filters. I dj with the 15s and go to shows with the 25s. Just takes a bit of getting used to it, but worth it in the end IMO.