What would be the best closed headphone for production.

- ask away
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

IMO you can forget about getting the Bass right on any headphones. It's not really possible.
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

I have to be honest here as X111 is asking for advise and say that I havn't used or tried any other headphones in over 10 years so it is more than possible that there are better cans out there now. It is true that HD-25's will make your ears bleed after a few hours at high levels and they are not overly comfortable. On the plus side they last forever and for me the sound above the 80hz range is very accurate and uncoloured. Someonelikeyou.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

i use hd25's when i cant use my monitors and they work great for me, just gotta learn the differences and subtleties between the 2. I can make a club worthy track on my hd25s easliy, but theyre no substitute for monitors obviously. I also have some HD650's which are ggreat for listening to music but i didnt like them for producing. The AKG's I have are also rubbish for producing, but I cant remember the model number, id go for the hd25s personally so u can use em to dj an produce, just make sure u reference all your material on monitors till you've worked out the differences
x
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Your gf will still be able to hear sound if you use the HD-25's. I also think they are terrible for making music on. I tend to just use them for arranging in the evening, but never anything else.
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

Ok wicked, anyway I'd go and try them out for sure...I have a pionnier hdJ1000 for djing, but for production forget it...way to much bass...
Thanks lads !
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

why don't you just use the headphones you have at night, then do your mix downs when your girlfriend is out.
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

MarcAshken wrote:i use hd25's when i cant use my monitors and they work great for me, just gotta learn the differences and subtleties between the 2. I can make a club worthy track on my hd25s easliy, but theyre no substitute for monitors obviously. I also have some HD650's which are ggreat for listening to music but i didnt like them for producing. The AKG's I have are also rubbish for producing, but I cant remember the model number, id go for the hd25s personally so u can use em to dj an produce, just make sure u reference all your material on monitors till you've worked out the differences
x
Can you tell me why you didn't like the sennheiser hd650's for producing?? just asking!!
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

I'm using a pair of beyer dynamic dt 100's just now - don't look stylish but very accurate.

Still has age old problem of reverb sounding a little bit full on, a problem which some of the top end audiophile sennies (hd650 or 555 perhaps ?)get round by opening the back up - seems to give a better sense of space but the presicion on the bottom end isn't all that - tends to make the bass sound more pronounced and subsequently a bit flat on monitors / soundsystem.

I've found AKG top end headphones to be quite good in the past but still not perfect, best I've used recently has been the beyer dynamics.

some people reccomend using a headphone amp with them but I personally like to monitor a little more quietly so I don't fatigue my ears as much.