Let me know if Im any Good!..

- ask away
Anteuro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Let me know if Im any Good!..

Post by Anteuro »

Hi everyone,

I have been using this forum for a while now but have only just felt compelled to join up, so first and foremost..Hello!

I have been making electronic music for some time now but have never really felt like I had found my sound, until finishing my most recent track.

Im quite proud of this one, and I would love for all you guys to let me know what you think, both good and bad. Let me know if it has a place in techno, let me know if you think it needs anything, or whether I should just scrap it all together!

http://soundcloud.com/reubentobias/temp-master

Festive wishes

Reuben Tobias
datalus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Let me know if Im any Good!..

Post by datalus »

Anteuro wrote:Hi everyone,

I have been using this forum for a while now but have only just felt compelled to join up, so first and foremost..Hello!

I have been making electronic music for some time now but have never really felt like I had found my sound, until finishing my most recent track.

Im quite proud of this one, and I would love for all you guys to let me know what you think, both good and bad. Let me know if it has a place in techno, let me know if you think it needs anything, or whether I should just scrap it all together!

http://soundcloud.com/reubentobias/temp-master

Festive wishes

Reuben Tobias
You're good. It has a place. Continue on.

I don't want to nitpick your track and influene your process at all, so suffice to say, you're on the right track just keep experimenting and making what you feel. Enjoy the journey.
databass
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by databass »

nice track. left you a comment and a follow over at soundcloud.
Phune
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Phune »

Good man. You should add one note to the initial synth, that you can hear from the beginning, when you are in the gain of the song! For the rest is really good! Following you..;)
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

Loved it, has a lot of emotion, nice dynamics and detail, well done, I know it wasn't easy!!! Someonelikeyou.
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

great tune - digging your kick and the dripping perc you have going on. very well written. keep it up :)
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
Anteuro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Anteuro »

Thanks for the responses, its really appreciated!

With regards to adding a note I agree, I might add some variation to that delayed theme later on, so thanks!

In terms of overall production I think it may sound a little flat..any thoughts on ways to improve this??