Experiences with selling/working with WhatPeoplePlay.com

- open
siddhu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by siddhu »

Ahhh ok. I was very curious about WhatPeoplePlay.com's possibility to be a serious contender/competitor to be Beatport.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

siddhu wrote:Ahhh ok. I was very curious about WhatPeoplePlay.com's possibility to be a serious contender/competitor to be Beatport.
They are.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

from my own experience, I can say that Beatport does bring in the money, but WhatPeoplePlay is my preferred store as far as the contact goes. The guys behind it are simply amazing, very friendly and they promote your music if they like it. I try to regularly offer them exclusives and our releases have often been featured on the main page, AND they run a marketing campaign of their own too. So, yes, can't be happier about them.

Only downside imho is that they are still developing the 'backbone' of it: Beatport and Juno f.e. have these amazing sites where a label can check sales and upload their releases, I feel that is still missing a bit there. But, I am sure that this is only a matter of time: if you see how much they improved with the new website, I guess they are on the right path.
Emote Music
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Emote Music »

WhatPeoplePlay is very good for labels. They are easy to work with, and as PsyTox said, they do a great job of getting your releases on the first page of the site - which is huge.

I wish more people used WPP, and I think many in the US miss out on it, and just go with Beatport. However, like Tic Tac Toe/Connect Four, we have seen our sales steadily rise on WPP, so I like the direction that the site is going.