Sounds to Sample_Deep Percussive Tech_Sample Pack

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

AK wrote:even nature
man nature has the best sounds around. Wind, rain, waves, rivers, whimpers, roars, whalesong, birdsong. Even flies are curious little collective orchestras.
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

all that matters is the end product, loops don't compose a piece of music and certainly no one is going to listen to a static loop for 7 minutes that doesn't go anywhere. there is so much more that goes into making a track that it seems pretty arbitrary to point out where other artists have used them.

magda used a loop in her song, you can say what you want about it but you didn't make 48hr bass, she made it and people like it and listen to it. if you think it's that easy and lazy i urge you to create a track out of these easy loops and see how many of your friends actually listen or ask you for a copy to play out.

for a long time i was into the hybrid approach of using loops in combination with my own sounds but i found it was much easier to gel the groove when i made all the loops from scratch. quite honestly i envy any producer who can make a sample library loop really fit the space and groove of a track without it sounding generic or static
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

double posted srry ;)
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I was completely off my face when I made that post but I felt you had been given a hard time for no reason. If anyone is gonna moan, then they have to moan at everyone who makes sample cd's. It's not fair to single one person out and try and bring them down. That's nothing but 'net bullying' and I have no time for that shite.

I have issues with seeing advertising though, I think the self promoting for financial profit should be either capped, made chargeable or put in a classified forum. If we all did it, what sort of a production forum would it be?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

AK wrote:I was completely off my face when I made that post but I felt you had been given a hard time for no reason. If anyone is gonna moan, then they have to moan at everyone who makes sample cd's. It's not fair to single one person out and try and bring them down. That's nothing but 'net bullying' and I have no time for that shite.

I have issues with seeing advertising though, I think the self promoting for financial profit should be either capped, made chargeable or put in a classified forum. If we all did it, what sort of a production forum would it be?
Yeah it's not fair for me to single one person out for all premade loops, it's a bigger industry than one guy.

I still stand by everything I've said about being cheap with using loops, I think in a few cases it can be creatively useful, maybe as a beginner, but mainly all i can imagine is it promoting laziness. Music can be anything. Rhythms and melodies and textures are completely limitless. My personal view is that if you're starting out with someone else's idea of music, which they're trying to sell becuase it's part of a popular genre, then you're shooting yourself in the foot. You're never gonna move that far away from the original sample, whatever effects you use, or however much you filter it.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

michaellpenman wrote:mate you need to understand that there amazing things you can do by warping samples and using granular synthesis and other such processes, try it out im sure you will like it
apart from complaining about things on forums, i also spend time making music. I have worked a lot with samples, using every technqiue that is available, from vanilla sampling to variants of granular and resynthesis using additive partials (Camel Audio Alchemy).

I actually prefer synthesis. A sample is already there, you're only going to be able to mold it into a variant of it's original form. I find synthesis to offer much more to explore expressively. But that's me, some people like to work with samples.

For many things a sample is the only real way to get a certain sound. Human voices, some acoustic and natural sounds (although it is amazing practice to try and synthesise these things). And I think with the right choice of sample it can be a great tool.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

But obviously I don't make the rules, and like people have said the peice of music at the end is the only thing that can be judged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZDxMb4nago
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »